1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking suggestions for a new race number.

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveBell, Dec 19, 2000.

1. SteveBell

SteveBell Well-Known Member

After a year of carnage and other fun, I've decided to never run the #34 again. One year with it was bad enough, so I'm taking suggestions for 2001.

911 seems rather appropriate, other suggestions?

Steve Bell

[This message has been edited by SteveBell (edited 12-19-2000).]

2. rocketboy211

rocketboy211 Member

911 was a good number for me as a novice! Try it!! Iwon a 600 superbike national championship in 95' when Jamie Hacking fell as I was following him under the bridge at Road A!! GO FOR IT!!

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Try 611. When you're tossing down in T3 at Summit or into the trees at Nelson and it's upside-down, the plates will read 911. The cornerworkers will know it's you and just say "Oh, it's just Bell trying a new line through the ______________________ (fill in the blank with your own choice of odd places to put a race bike)."

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Since you're obviously open to a 3-digit number, make the first one the number of times you've crashed, the second the number of bones you've broken in crashes, and the third the total number of bikes you've crashed.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, WERA doesn't allow 6 digit numbers. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by wera122 (edited 12-19-2000).]

5. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

allright bell, this i soooo...easy. try 187 or maybe 666. i don't know the code for "black cloud of death" so make one up [​IMG]

6. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... I'll bet 13 isn't taken. [​IMG]

Emergency 51 was a good show in the 70's.

Steve Harris is on a quest to recover 911, so you'll be fighting toe to toe to get that one.

7. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

you can have 122, at the rate Tom is crashing he won't be asked to go Expert for quite awhile..

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Since obviously you replace bodywork alot Steve that means numbers must be replaced at the same time. So I suggest 111. That number is very easy to make with black electrical tape. You ever try to make a 9 with electrical tape? [​IMG]

9. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

also any combination of 1's and 7's, easy to make with tape [​IMG]

17, 71, 117, 171, 711

10. SteveBell

Can't take it, that's also my teamate's (Rob Wigdorski) number.

11. SteveBell

Trees, tires, bleachers, tower, pit lane, wherever.

12. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Anything "invertable". Mines 906 and looks the same upside down for easy recognition.Ask me how I know. [​IMG]

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

nice advice brad, crasher.

spike nice name "rocketboy" good to see you back.

14. stickboy274

ive got it. how about #2? then you can tell everybody you the sh*t on the track

15. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

How about 710. That way when your bike is upside down in T4, it will act like a warning of what you laid down ( OIL ).
    You can also paint the bike yellow with red stripes. [​IMG]

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

I haven't crashed at all this month! [​IMG]

Well, except for on the couch. [​IMG]

17. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

you haven't ridden on a track this month [​IMG]

18. stickboy274

how many times have you fallen down?

19 - 20?

19. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

well i was counting them up and think its more like 17. that includes one at one of john's schools way back in '95 first time on a track [​IMG]... critters more than half way there in 1 season [​IMG] and you don't go fast enough to crash [​IMG] [​IMG] how many SEASONS do you get out of a set of tires anyway???? [​IMG]

20. wera122

wera122 Guest

HA HA! Yes I have! I was at TGPR the first weekend in Dec. I ran the track both ways and didn't even have one off track excursion or near crash.

Now if I can just keep that streak alive. [​IMG]