1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a fellow club racer out?

Discussion in 'General' started by Repeater, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

All,

So what is the protocol when you take someone out or get taken out. I assume it's racing and we all fix what we brung on our own? No hard feelings, and stuff?

Never taken anyone out just never asked. I've read about people bitching about it, but not asking for someone to pay for said damage.

Thanks,

Still looking for the right bike. Seems I have failed to figure out what I want to race, and what class.

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

There's no answer for a question like that. Even if it's a situation where someone is completely irresponsible and causes damage to someone else's equipment they are not required to help with costs. They could be nice and help but they don't have to. And who's going to decide who was at fault if nobody wants to accept blame? Everybody knows they are running at their own risk. If you take someone out and you accept responsibility and offer to help with damages, then go ahead. If you don't want to, that's on you too. There is no cut-and-dried answer really. Bottom line is you go out there at your own risk and if you are expecting someone to pay for damages you shouldn't even sign up.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Mistakes happen at all levels.
    Will you or the people you get tangled with get over it? Depends.
    At least trying to find the folks in the pits, if they are not transported in a flashy box, to apologize if you are ambulatory.

Hopefully you or someone will have a go pro to give you the "actual" facts to piece together...since eyewitnesses can be unreliable.

Also suit up with the best protection possible.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Dinner. Movie. The usual. Just be sure to tell them they’re pretty before trying to make a move. Maybe throw in an “I love you” for good measure. :D

Wingnut, JJJerry, TurboBlew and 11 others like this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Thought for sure this was about @Cannoli and @Steeltoe holding hands.

joec, Lawn Dart, VFR#52 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But who pays?

7. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

You go dutch.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Never. Whoever did the asking pays ... always. Rookies.

noles19 likes this.
  9. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

3 foot screwdrivers at dawn

Gino230 likes this.
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I'm relatively sure that you are going to put out on the first date, of course I will pay.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Always looking for the ROI.

Nice.

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I took a guy out in 2016 during the Moto America races at Barber. Museum corner was in my better spilts, and he parked it right in the middle of the turn... I did all I could, but we both went down.

First time I've ever had something like that happen to me, and I ended his weekend. I felt awful... and it hurt like hell to boot.

I did the following...

- After being released from medical for a concussion I...

- Found him in the pits, and apologized, and ask if he was OK.

- Offered parts, or my guys help to get him going again.

- Apologized again, and let him know where I was pitted incase he needed anything to get going again for the weekend.

- He was totally understanding, we shook hands, and that was the end of it.

No one should expect someone repay them for losses in a race incident... it's just not how any of this works.

13. Shit happens.

Every piece of hardware in my body is the result of being taken out by someone (it’s happened to me 3 times).

I neither asked nor expected anything afterwards.

It’s part of it.

Pixelator likes this.
  14. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

In reference to the above, I believe it’s been established that they should take you out for dinner and a movie BEFORE they put hardware in your body. Are you some kind of slut?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He is...now we need to know what kind.

cav115 likes this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The clean, organised kind or is that an oxymoron?

Mran556 likes this.
  17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Sue the race track, then the org if that doesn't work

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Could someone please clarify the confusion about what happens if eye contact takes place and just how long eye contact, if at all, should be to be considered, "safe"?

Asking for Chromedome :blart:

No need to thank me Ritchie, I'm just here to help out when/where I can :beer:

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Apologize at the bare minimum.....

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You need to change your name to the Swiffer....