1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tahoe Hybrids?

Discussion in 'General' started by HoyaXC07, Apr 23, 2018.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Haha! I did the same thing!!

2. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Didn't we share a room in Indy for MotoGP? :moon:

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If ever there was a more inappropriate smiley for a gay innuendo thread...

Potts N Pans and beac83 like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yes. But it was totally hetro...there was like 15 guys in that hotel room...

wait. That doesnt make it better, does it?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't believe no one picked up on this. This is quite the breakthrough! I think we have just found the root of your hatred towards electric cars: it's about your sexual insecurity. The whole thing ties into your self-confessed furious masturbatory activity. Deep down inside, you were terrified as a young man that if you allowed yourself to get even remotely horny, some man on the oil rig might potentially start looking increasingly attractive with each passing week out at sea. That subconscious fear manifested itself through an irrational hatred of electrical vehicles, to which you attributed a completely unfounded gay persona.

Free at last! You can now go test drive that Tesla Model X and see if you like it. Now that you understand why you hated the idea, you will have a more open mind and evaluate the test drive objectively.

Boman Forklift and ChemGuy like this.
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You forget that Captain Quirk still works for the big bad oil industry? He could NEVER drive a lectric vehicle. He’d be ostracized from the oil world and then he’d have no one on the rig that might even consider his advances in those weak moments after weeks aboard. :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They don't need to know. :D

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I think his hatred of things electrical comes from his 110V coffeepot in a 220V oil rig berth.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". - Freud

Boman Forklift and joec like this.
  9. No.

That is more likely.

As aggravating as the coffee pot thing is, you would be AMAZED at how fast a Ninja can blend some shit with 220v supply. I thought the damn thing was going to go into orbit. :crackup:

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well crap, I'm driving the wrong F'n car! Someone buy me a Tesla! :D

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Damn - you're all about wailing on everyone's mental health process today and over the last few months aren't you?!?

:D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

<edit>Beac wins yesterday's internet. :crackup:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you see the date on that post? :Poke::D

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I turned 48 yesterday. Mind is going...

I mean... what are you talking about?!?

:D

HPPT likes this.
  15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Had one. Wasnt too impressed. I get better mileage with my ‘16 cummins before and after deletes.

16. :crackup:

17. I’d buy a hybrid in a heartbeat if it was the right vehicle with the right hybrid system, and I make fuel tanks for a living. They have there place and it’s hard to beat the added torque of a proper hybrid in acceleration. That’s where I see the big benefit, I don’t live them at low speeds, no idea why, maybe it’s the sound. I’ve even tried making engine noises but that doesn’t work either. Pure electric, until there are longer ranges and quicker filling. Not yet. What’s funny about that is range or charging wouldn’t hurt my day to day life as I work from home when I am home and anything over 100 miles or so I am flying. I really just drive around town, maybe 100 miles round trip fishing or to a larger metro area to do something or shop, airport ( where my vehicles spend about 50% of the time and have charging stations) so maybe it’s a security thing but more than likely there’s not anything I like out there. I wish they have Jeep that was electric, provided it had enough capacity to go on a long off road loop that would be trick with all that torque.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’d always written them off as lame city cars, but when you think about it, they have value in the highway too. The biggest gas mileage drain is sudden load or acceleration. If you can leave the gas engine at a steady load and occasionally use the electric for passing and hills, mileage goes through the roof.

19. 100% agree with that, and a system like Toyota has its totally seamless. The way the forecast is looking hybrids are going to skyrocket and electric growth is going to stay pretty steady. As soon as there is some major change in technology or infrastructure those numbers will change within 4-5 years as automakers will just apply their technology to more vehicles. I am really curious how good the Tundra hybrid will be. It’s basically a beefed up soon to be latest gen Prius system.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s all about the batteries. Someone will introduce a lighter battery with longer life and it’ll be all over.