1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactical Strike Race Fuel Actualized

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Dec 31, 2011.

?

What to do with the finished fuel?

1. A. Run it in my first 2012 race so everyone can smell the bacon.

34.0%
  2. B. Give it to K-Mo for inventing the "Tactical Strike" name.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. C. Take it to Lee's and dyno it vs. fuel of beeb's choice.

66.0%
  4. D. Post your own idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

Here is a shot of the ready to wash fuel. It is a liquid at room temperature unlike the grease we started with. The glycerin has been removed with a syringe, now the methanol will be washed out with water in the next step.

Attached Files:

2. bodell

I have fabricated a wash tank by cutting the bottom off of a vodka bottle and affixing an aquarium hose for draining.

This will let me mist hot water over the top of the fuel and drain the alcohol and soap contaminated water from the bottom, leaving clean, methanol free fuel behind.

Attached Files:

• wet1.jpg
      wet1.jpg
      File size:
      359.9 KB
      Views:
    • wet2.jpg
      wet2.jpg
      File size:
      357.8 KB
      Views:
    • wet.jpg
      wet.jpg
      File size:
      334.3 KB
      Views:
  3. bodell

These photos show the fuel before and after the wash.

I put a bottle of dish soap behind the jar so that you can see the difference in transparency.

Attached Files:

4. bodell

Now we dry the fuel. This removes any trace alcohol or water that did not separate in the wash. I have added a bubbler to speed up the process that heat would do alone. Once again, we will know that it is done once the fuel stops bubbling. (Without the bubbler of course)

Attached Files:

5. bodell

Our feedstock bacon grease is now biodiesel, which is the feedstock for BioWeapon, er.. I mean Tactical Strike Race fuel.

The next processes will not be described in detail, because they are BWFuel trade secrets, however, I will show photos of procedure and give a general overview of what is going on.

More to come soon. Until then, here is a photo of our finished biodiesel to compare with previous photos along the way. The rotten pork/grease smell is gone, and it is virtually transparent with an amber tint. This is suitable to run in a diesel motor as it sits. The next processes will make it run in a gasoline engine, and ultimately make substantial power gains over pump gasoline and marginal power gains over our competitors. (If pork performs as well as chicken)

I will be meeting with my partners later in the week to combine our quarts of bacon diesel and begin the final stages of making Tac-Strike!

STAY TUNED!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  6. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

This shit is cool...

making me hungry though... you keep saying BACON!

7. kendamn

kendamn Well-Known Member

yikes!

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I just wanna know what it'll smell like on the track.

9. bodell

Vote in the poll.

10. Lee shierts

Lee shierts New Member

Dyno test lined up at LEES PERFORMANCE

I just got off the phone with brad and he's way pumped up about this fuel. The plan is to test it on his zx10, we are going to tune it on BACON JUICE then pump it out and tune it on vpmr12. We will do this towards the end of the month when I get back from a race I'm going to in aruba!!! :D Wooo hee!!!!I can't wait!:

11. bodell

Please allow me to introduce the previous poster the beeb. Many of you may know him, but to those who don’t, Lee one of the highest authorities in the motorcycle performance game. He is also an accomplished road racer and now spends most of his time terrifying the competition at the drag strips. He also has a few top speed records. Lee has been invaluable in the design of BioWeapon, and has spent many hours on the dyno helping us develop our product. I am happy to see his enthusiasm to throw some bacon on the dyno next.

Here are a few of his publications…
    http://www.leesperformance.com/articles.php

I am currently running one of his engines, and I cant recommend him enough. If you are anywhere near Charlotte, NC it is definitely worth the drive to check out his shop.

Attached Files:

• lee.jpg
      lee.jpg
      File size:
      138.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

This is my first look at this thread.

Are you refining gasoline on the top of your stove in mason jars? :eek:

You DO know that you can utilize your mason jar chemical mastery for good and not evil, don't you? :D

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

He's making race fuel that'll smell like bacon. How is that not good?? :confused:

:D

14. Dits

Some basic chemistry skills coupled with a bunch of mason jars, sugar and corn. Add in an isolated area with a clean water source and a 1968 Ford Torino and you're in bidness. :D

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Being southern, looking at those mason jars makes me thirsty. You could run a motor off of what is normally in those also.

Brad, I like that you put the fire extinguisher in the pic. For the rest of you, he had to do that to keep the BBS mob from telling him that he was going to kill everyone in a 100 mile radius to him.

Looks tasty. I have a diesel generator that hasn't run in a while. I should get some of that bio-d and clean it up. The race fuel has worked good in everything I own.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Personally I think we should be mixing this up on a tree floating down the river, then turning around and testing it in the saws...

but that's just me.

:D

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

WIN :clap:

:crackup:

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

19. Dits

Wearing safety glasses and MLB approved catcher's gear of course. :D

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Heck no, with a mason jar of shine in the other hand. That way you have to pay attention or you'll drink the wrong one. :up: