1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Carillo H beams. A bit longer than oem rods?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by regularguy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I always enjoy picking out the rubber dingle berries out of my air filter. A simple wash doesn't get them out.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

what were you smoking?

3. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

SV threads always deliver.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

78hp is not hard or expensive. Over 78 takes a bit more work.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Marlboro, they support racing :D
    That guy used to crash that poor sv like every weekend. One year him and his buddies entered afm 4hr race on it and named team "Ray please don't crash".
    One of them crashed in the race and Ray was so happy it was not him, all smiling, they fixed bike and rejoined race and Ray crashed it :).
    And if I am not mistaken Dsapsis bought that bike and was our endurance bike we raced last year.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Marlboro red cowboy killers...

Anything special for WERA Endurance this year?

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

true. my first motor made 75-76 stock (George Dean's superflow dyno with the conversion for dynojet numbers)

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Prolly gonna reuse the tires from last year and still win.

9. TWF2

Mo power :)

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

That's probably a good thing. I heard there's a new hot shot on one of the teams.

Another team has a couple of young guns that aren't old enough to get their driver's license.

11. TWF2

We need one of those, know any :)

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll sniff around at Roebling this weekend.

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I'll try that this year. Sounds like pretty sound advice.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I let Ray do all the crashing on the bike for its lifetime. He once crashed three times in one weekend, the last time on his head. He showed me his beat up helmet and asked, "you think it'll pass tech?" :D

We keep it clean (and faster than all the SE bikes) now. ;)

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

FYI: A little note on some rings that came with the new pistons I picked up today.

[​IMG]

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So what happened Mike?

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Mo powah.. not bad for stock bore and stroke.. The gladius jugs are a bit shorter I guess?

Attached Files:

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Mike,
    That is a nice stout number. It looks like you have busa pistons, gladius cylinders, rods, and I'm guessing a cam swap with flatslides? I'm curious as I still have a desire to get myself on a racetrack again someday. Don't know I need something this built, but when racing the little 100lb kids you need all the help you can get.

Heck that is more HP than the last racebike I had. 1989 FZR600 that I raced in 90-91. I think they only made about 80HP.

Edit: Sure was funny to read some of the comments in here, especially Zoran's... I could totally see him talking smack, and leaning up against the car wash wall, chain smoking the Marlboros.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's fuel injected. The map still needs work obviously. There's more power in it but I don't really want more for longevity reasons. It has cams, H beam rods,throttle bodies off of a DL1000. Honestly, a 2mm motor with a cam swap would be real close to this. This motor was purpose built for a class requiring stock diplacement for SVs.

20. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

CCS killer :)