1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV sprockets

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Strick, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

WooHoooo, I get the first question.

If you were buying rearsprockets for an SV what 3 would you start with. 44, 45,46 or something else.

2. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Depends on tracks and how fast you are. To start I bought 14, 15, 16 counters and 48, 49, 50 rears. Worked everywhere except Daytona, needed a 47 or 46 rear there.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

SE tracks. I have only been to 2 of them. Tally and Jennings. 1.06-1.07 at Tally and 1.26 or better at Jennings.

4. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Dunno 'bout those, I mainly race in Ok/Tx. Think I used 16x48 at Road Atlanta.

5. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I ran 15/44 and 15/44 at most tracks.

I'd get the sprockets you've stated, as well as a 43 if you have a superbike motor.

That would be a good start.

6. SV650Racer

SV650Racer Well-Known Member

I have 14, 15 & 16 tooth cogs and 43, 45, 47 tooth sprockets. That gives me a good selection of gearing to work with. I do most of my racing/track days at Jennings, RR, Tally and Daytona.

bill

7. DMG

DMG Well-Known Member

Bill,

Are you using a 110 link chain? And if so, does that allow all combinations of the front and rear sprockets you listed?

I'm just curious. I've got 14, 15, and 16 front and 42, 44, and 46 rear. I have yet to use any of them, though. :D

-Dave.

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Dave are you going to bring a compressor and an impact wrench to get that counter sprocket nut off at the track............good! I didn't want to bring another one if you got one already.

:D

Maybe just buy three motors..........each with different counter sprockets on it....................

Are you going to be ready to race at RRR next month?

See you there.............look for the gypsy big top.

Dennis

9. DMG

DMG Well-Known Member

Uh, no. I'll just put the appropriate front sprocket on beforehand. And, I can do it alone and without fancy pneumatic tools. :)

Hey, I'm not rich like you guys. :p

Yup. I'm planning on bringing the fizzer and the SV. I should be in the same old T3 area.

-Dave.