1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV 1st gen quickshifter

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dsapsis, Feb 5, 2011.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Any tips on the hot setup would be appreciated.

--dave

2. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

I use the Translogic quickshifter on my 1st Gen. It's a stand-alone model, dead reliable and can be transfered from bike to bike. I had Andy from West Coast GP Cycles set mine up. Note: since the quickshifter doesn't cut fuel on the carbed 1st Gen's, you will get a small "backfire" pop each time you shift. It's cool because it kinda freaks out the guys behind me:up:

http://www.translogicuk.com/quickshifter-system-2.htm

3. dsapsis

Thanks Al. I figured it was translogic, and was at their site earlier, but I couldn't figure out what model works on the ignition side(i.e., for carb'ed bikes).
    Maybe I just need to email or call them. Is yours a model 2GP?

4. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Yeah mine is the 2 model with the GP sensor. Also, sent you a PM!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

sv racing parts has something new that is very affordable. no idea how well it works.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ouch Al,
    That thing is $450 if I did the conversion properly, plus shipping. I guess the kids going to have to continue rolling off the gas while shifting.

7. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Yeah... not cheap....I paid about $650:confused:

Oh well....

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Maybe I messed up on the conversion, plus there could be other fees and shipping I don't know about. I just converted the 291 pounds, which is what I believe that symbol meant. I'm showing my lack of international finance, but I'm pretty certain that is British lbs, but not 100% certain.

Maybe I'll get him the ghetto version I used as a kid on my dirtbike. Put on a push button kill switch on left handlebar. Preload shifter a bit, with the foot, and when you push the kill for a split second, it drops into the next gear and even gives you the famous "AL POP", that you like.

9. dsapsis

I saw those, but my friend and mechanic, aka TWF (whom I am sitting with right now in his office) has suggested that might not be a very good idea. I am relying on him this afternoon to get my motor back together :D