1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki-Title Contender 2020 MotoGP?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 9, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Quattro's the Yamaha to watch, actually. He's on a full Factory M1 with full support this year. If anyone's going to make 93 sweat, I think it's him.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not gonna lie, when I was at COTA last year I did get mildly excited when Marc took a dump at the end of the back straight and struggled to get back into and ultimately failing to restart. Not because I wanted him to be hurt or anything like that, but so that at least someone else could finally win at COTA as he'd swept it every year since the first race in 2013.

The fact that it was Vale and Rins that took up the fight for the lead made it all the better, and while I really wanted to see Vale hold it down and win the race I was happy to see Rins take it.

ShadowBoxer, Newyork and Phl218 like this.
  3. Jesse Williams

Jesse Williams Need more track time! Always!!

When you look at the total race times at COTA from 2018 and 2019 Rins finished the race 7 seconds faster than Marc did in 2018. Rins already won 2 last year and at his age its more likely he will get more consistent, not back slide. Plus its a better bike that turns faster and more power this year. He was in the top 4 for a lot of last season. I agree its unlikely. Not laughable though. I have not said it would happen but hey 5 months from now well all know. I'll be at COTA and looking for a Suzuki to be in parc ferme for a third year in a row. I'm not a Rins fan or even particular to any brand but its always good to add a manufacturer to the front. Unless you enjoy watching the same guy, on the same bike, and the same team win again and again. Not I. I'm all for competition being a mix.

pscook and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Jesse Williams

Jesse Williams Need more track time! Always!!

Agreed.

5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

just saw a FB post about Aprilia thinking they can contend with the 2020 bike...

I'll see it when I believe it lol

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only if Yamamamahahahaha puts a bike under him that can keep a tire usable for race distance.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Truer words haven’t been spoken Dern.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think it should be pointed out, with regard to previous performances, your guy might be getting better, but so is everyone else's.

Senna likes this.
  9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, Don't laugh.
    IMHO

Tony Elias should/could go from SB to Moto GP for Suzuki?

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No. Elias has BTDT, and he's not as good as those on the factory Suzuki team.

K51000 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

GTFO Elias couldn't even hold on to a domestic championship. No way he gets another shot at a world title. Nuh uh. (Yeah I'm still mad at him.)

K51000 likes this.
  12. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Suzuki has the bike to win the championship, I am not so sure their riders or the team infrastructure is able to do it. MM is a beast and one that is in his prime (unless his shoulder is worse than we know), it's going to be hard to knock him off the thrown. Like it was said before, only MM can defeat MM right now. I think when you get to the pointy end it takes alot to get those little advantages that it takes to win the championship. I don't think Suzuki is up to the task, they are too small and don't/unwilling to spend the ducketts to get them there. I say this as a huge Suzuki fan, they are not committed enough. Hell they don't even have a satellite team. In this day and age you can't win unless you have a freak (MM) or four bikes on the grid to gain valuable data.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Getting Elias to leave the US would be tough. Dude seems to like it here and might be afraid that if he goes out of the US they might not let him back in. :D

Newyork likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

@Mark151 can you vouch for this? :D

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What's a duckett?
    $100 to the AFF that Fabio finishes lower than second in the championship. Any takers?

JJJerry likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Between MM's bum shoulder and Quateroo's confidence, I think he's gonna take it to the Joker all year.

17. dsapsis

Pony up, Gates.

motion likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Ducketts= loot, money, chips, grip...whatever you want to call that shit.:D

20. dsapsis

woosh.