1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki-Title Contender 2020 MotoGP?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Jesse Williams

Jesse Williams Need more track time! Always!!

Its funny the things some of us 30+ year fans can start thinking before the facts come. Last week I re-watched the Silverstone MotoGP race with the amazing last corner win by Runs. Watching him close of Marc in the turns and the rest of the season with the extra power they have made me think that Suzuki would be pushing Marc in 2020.
    They reported, and showed on track, that their bike was better all around. Including corner speed which is a big WOW from me.
    What worries me about their season is consistency. 2018 they had 7 podiums, granted they had Crazy Joe being crazy fast some of the time, but they only managed 3 last year. All be it 2 were wins, with Marc finishing in the top 2 all year, (-COTA), that makes a tall order for improvement in finishes.
    Thoughts? Wishes? Dreams?

Senna likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Questions, whose is Runs? :D

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Smart money is on MM93...again.

Yamaha’s only hope is for that new hole shot device to get them out front by turn 1, otherwise Marquez will just do the same routine he did last year and park mid-corner and motor away from the Yamahas. I’m not sure if that will fix Mav’s poor starts or not.

Rins struggles with consistency in both the races and qualifying.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have doubts Rins can put it all together and keep it together the entire season. He'll win some races but the Championship? I'm not putting money on it.

I think the Championship is wide open this year. I don't know if Maruz's shoulders and luck will hold together another year but I wouldn't bet against his winning it again. Don't know.

K51000 and 418 like this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

That V4 Honda MM is on is pretty bad ass all around bike.

Currently being a Suzuki enthusiast/rider, sure, I'd love to See Suzuki podium more and win it all.
    Not so sure Rins can put that together though.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With MM on it, yeah it is. With anyone else on it, it's a handful and vicious. Like dating a super hot Puerto Rican chick who like drinking Tequila.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Whose are these Runs and Maruz going to race against?

Russi, Vinaluz and Duvi?....

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You are as decisive here as you are buying a new vehicle. :D

9. Jesse Williams

The new auto-correct feature on the GSX-RR. You dodnt knmow?

K51000 likes this.
  10. Jesse Williams

Okay, I have a new phone I don't have a total grip on yet. Kind of like M&M93 and the new Honda. I'll read over my post before pasting. Ha

KneeDragger_c69 and pscook like this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

M&M?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess, need to spend some time doing the research, kicking the tires, asking questions and debating the pros and cons. Yeah, I guess like buying a car. :D

13. Jesse Williams

I was definitely talking about making MM nervous, not winning it all. I think by the end of the COTA race well know about what to expect. I and expect Mir to be better too. By the end of the "ground war" of Europe we might see MM in the lead. Probably a 9th from him as well. But I also think that shoulder injury took at least a year off his prime time results. And yes, Lady Luck can be a real bitch when you keep smacking her behind the way Marc does.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is this your attempt at “Reverse John Hopkins” psychology?

:D

Jesse Williams likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh, if Hopkins was racing the bike, Suzuki and he would win the Championship by the fourth round. :D

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Alex, Joan is faster than you. Joan is faster than you."

pscook likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I sure hope so, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Rins definitely showed flashes of brilliance.....but only Dovi was even remotely close to MM93's level of consistency last year, and obviously that wasn't even close to being close enough. When you're literally finishing [mostly] 1st or 2nd every race, the only person that's going to beat Marquez is Marquez (and I'm not talking about Alex). Short of someone else divebombing into Marc and sidelining him for the season with an injury I just don't see it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.56.12 AM.png

18. Jesse Williams

Yeah, that was intentional because I don't really respect him like that. I DO appreciate his accomplishments.

19. Jesse Williams

Yup, its likely to be the Marc show again. It would be interesting to see Suzuki at the front, and finishing up front more this season. Id root for them. Suzuki that is. No matter the rider.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No, Suzuki is not a title contender. Possibly a single race win contender, possibly a few podiums over the course of the season.
    But title contender? Laughable.

Quicktoy and Blammo like this.