1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki GT750

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by r47sniffer, Jul 31, 2009.

1. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

The guy to talk to about Suzuki triples is Kris Bernsitein. As best as I remember he is in the Baltimore area. Some years back he and Brad were "Suzuki Yesteryear". I believe that Brad bought the Seely TR750 from Kris. In addition, Kris built a very fast TR500 replica as well. He used to post on the North American Two Stroke site, but have not seen anything of him lately.

Cheers,

Mark

2. charles

charles The Transporter

That's the one...don't know how many more of those are hanging about these days...very big bike, like I wrote before, all credit to those who managed to race it and win (or finish!).

3. PaulMB

PaulMB Catman

FYI, I'm currently restoring this bike, should go to paint tomorrow, all being well.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

email sent...I wonder if the bike still has the 'rebent' (bent) right clip-on???
    Sorry but that bike was a beast!!! Push it around a bit and you'll see what I mean.

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Charles, geeze, leave you alone for one second and you're creating an international incident...Just apologize for calling the guy's bike fat...Push it around a little bit, sacre bleu...

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Don't interfere! This is between 2-strokers, and we allow each other some tolerance and forgiveness...I never said it was fat, I said it was a beast...which it is, with maybe 90HP.

7. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Yeah, ease up there C-Bucket, dont make me break out the "pom-poms".

8. PaulMB

PaulMB Catman

It certainly does, and to leave the bike with some heritage, it's still on it, makes getting the new throttle grip work properly a bit of a problem, but hey ho. Do you by chance have any more photos or any race history for the bike so I can make the restoration folder more complete?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  9. charles

charles The Transporter

As I emailed to you, Paul Gaskin right there in merry ol' Atherstone has better knowledge of this particular bike. I should have some specific info in this bike around here, and some general info on the history of the Suzuki TR750s. You know of course that Barton did the mods...and that a fellow Brit pranged the handlebar and some other items at Summit Point here in the U.S.

I'd love to know what you are going to do with the bike (or its current owner). Parades? Collection?

Maybe you can locate the Zegers TC500 (sold to a gent in England) that I raced over here.

10. racertex

racertex vintage dude

all i got to say is...brad morrison, if your out there, and you can hear me, bring that seely GT750 back to summit this year......that bike is BEAUTIFUL!

tex

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Pics???

12. wangfat

wangfat New Member

13. racertex

racertex vintage dude

i wish i had pics charles!

tex

14. Billywhizz

Billywhizz New Member

I would be interested in finding out more about the Barton bike from Paul Gaskin if he is still around. The bike has been restored, prepared and is ready to compete again. It's currently for sale in the UK and is absolutely beautiful. Here's a few pictures IMG-20191106-WA0003.jpg IMG-20191106-WA0000.jpg IMG-20191106-WA0005.jpg

15. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

R47 David

I thought I might throw out some of my own vintage race bike challenges and lessons.

I currently have four vintage race bikes in various stages. One thing I learned, is to get something reliable, decent handling, and easy to race so you don't use up race meets trying to get a custom build running well. I learned this lesson. The latest race bike I bought is a FZR600. After getting it running right I just had to add good tires, a steering damper and safety wires. I can use it for practice at a track day or race it in one of the newer vintage classes.

I fully recommend building the GT750 powered racer but in the mean time get a bike that needs little to handle well. EX500's, FZR's, SV650's, etc. are cheap and thrashable.

It took me a while to work out jetting and how to use the power band on my TZ250. In the mean time I fouled plugs during races. My V5 GS1000 has only been out once and tried to kill me. It's undergoing suspension mods. My RZ350 is also a work in process. I have been surprised how much can get in the way mechanically so the old FZR at least gets me on the track. At my last meet I took my TZ and FZR. The TZ I only rode in practice and loved it. The FZR I raced that week end.

Vintage two strokes are the coolest!!
    Dave

britx303 and JBall like this.
  16. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

You might consider this at tomorrow's auction https://www.proxibid.com/Vehicles-M...le-2-Stroke-Race-Bike/lotInformation/51038902
    There is a chance that this is Bryan Kenney's old racer from when he owned Proline Suzuki and raced in AMA. You will notice in one of the photos the original wheels and front end are part of the package. If it is his bike then it has an 850 Ocelot engine. It was a rocket and that engine package ruled in SCCA D Sports for a long time. Not many Ocelots were built, mostly 750s but about 2 dozen 850 were built and Bryan had one. Virtually none went into bikes as only the car guys would pay the price. At this point it is only $850 and the pipes, swingarm and original wheels are worth considerably more. But if it is an Ocelot it is worth a lot more and could be a very exciting race project.

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Wow, what an auction! Many 250 GP bikes and other neat stuff. The above mentioned 750 Suzuki went for $2000.

18. Beasley Ayers

Beasley Ayers New Member

I almost bought this Bryan Kenney’s GT750 at Jerry Wood Auction in Deland FL. Got out bid for a few hundred bucks. I believe it went for $3700. Got to know Bryan and bought some other stuff from him. Wished I had gotten that bike!