1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUV shopping... QX56 a total pile???

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Sep 20, 2019.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Guess that explains my neighbor's license plate on his Durango "omg0mpg'

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep.

If you don`t put your foot in it, anemic.

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

This ain't NYC bud. Around here, I could park a damn yacht in any of the big box home improvement store parking lots, at any time of day.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My brother has a GX460 and I really like it but I LOVE my Land Cruiser with the 5.7

The LX is super nice but as you said... $$$$$. I'd go with the Sequoia just because i like it better than the QX. I had a new QX for a week last winter and it did seem peppier than the Toyota but also just a little bit chintzier on the inside. I haven't owned a Nissan since my '84 300zx so i cant comment on the reliability or longevity.

5. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

How much weight you planning on putting behind it for how long? I think both of your main choices are IRS, you like buying rear tires?

6. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

My wife says she's been getting ~16mpg around town (almost no freeway). It's about a point better than our Hemi Grand cherokee was.

When we tow (5000 lb 21 foot camper) we see ~10mpg

The worst I have ever seen towing was less than 7 mpg, although it the cruise was set at 75 and there was a 15mph+ headwind. The crazy part is that the engine didn't seem like it was working that much harder and there was plenty of power to spare. The only real indication was the MPG and a few hundred extra revs.

I still love the engine, but it is Eco...or Boost...but not both at the same time. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

For the next year or 2 (until we get a different place) all I would use is my hitch mounted carrier a few times a year when I need to transport a bike. After that, who knows- may be shopping for another van at that point. Can't imagine ever owning anything bigger than a 6x12 enclosed... I prefer a self-contained setup.

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Here what I think of that dam SUV.

[​IMG]

Everytime I see one I think of this movie..

ducnut likes this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

That is the running joke with my wife and I also, her friend bought one and whenever we see one on the road she'll do the "ooooooooooooooooooooooo" from the movie. :D

tropicoz likes this.
  10. Land cruiser is on a different level... than just about any vehicle.

11. According to tests at Ford, yes. They do testing is different “real world”
    Driving loops and it’s better part of 20% worse. I can get actual #’s Monday.

ducnut likes this.
  12. Tristan

We abandoned the QX56 idea. Went and drove 3 Sequoias yesterday in the Cincy area, none of them panned out but at least one of the dealers was right next to Jungle Jim's so we got to check that out after hearing about it for years...pretty cool. The search continues.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Tristan

What's a good place for lunch in Greensboro NC? We're making the 400 mile trip Friday and hopefully driving a 2010 Sequoia back.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

And it finally comes with options! Well one option. You can get it without the jump seats.

I loved my LX470 and never should have sold the damn thing.

15. Tristan

Well, that was more challenging than I expected... We left 4 am Friday to check out a Sequoia on NC, that didn't pan out. Next one was sold...on down to SC...1100 miles and 31 hours later and came home empty. Our trip to Indiana this morning was more productive...2012 white platinum with 106k is ours! Sorry,pic too big to upload.

BigBird and JBall like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

damn, that's a lot of driving to turnaround and say No a bunch of times. But good on ya getting what you wanted!