1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Rules - Engine Replacement

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Nov 8, 2018.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

What are the rules regarding engine replacement for superstock? I've seen a lot of R6's for sale that have replaced engines with a different year. Is this SS legal? I've read the rulebook, but didn't see this called out specifically. I saw the following, regarding superbike, but nothing for SS:

" In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines."

Also, I've read about the mid-range on the 08+ bike being better than the 06-07. Are you allowed to update those parts and stay in SS, or is that SBK only. The rule says "OEM", but does that mean of the same year?

"The OEM air box must be used and an OEM type filter must be properly installed"

Are velocity stacks considered part of the airbox? Would that fall under the " If it does not mention you CAN do it, you CAN NOT" rule?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As long as it's 100% the same we're good with different years in SS.

Updating/backdating to gain performance would be a no go. Velocity stacks are in the cannot portion - the air box is only mentioned because people cannot seem to understand the difference between airbox and air filter.

cBJr likes this.