1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super cheap Arai Corsair V

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Nov 2, 2011.

1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

Tell me where to find one, please!!!

2. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

"Super cheap" will, of course be a relative term. Tis the season though. Just look around, you'll find one on a price cut.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

wife got me a pimp Russell one at STG.....but cheap and Arai is like oil and water

4. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

TJ at riders discount knows! ;)

5. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

PM me what you want and I'll hook it up!

6. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

there is a brand new one ending soon on ebay. Arai Corsair V John Hopkins version. One of the coolest paint jobs out IMO. retail is around $800 I think.

7. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

arai

What price do you call cheap.

8. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

throw a bid at it and see... if the BIN is that I would say the reserve is around 525. try it, if you dont hit reserve you dont have to buy it. it is rare as hell

9. bodell

After going thru 4 Corsair V's and at least 5 rx7 corsairs I have decided to give suomy a try.

I went with a spec 1r extreme discounted from $720 to $350. Hopefully I will like it as much as the ARAI. The paint job is tits, just hope the fit is too.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Suomy fits almost indentical to the RX7. Should have grabbed an Extreme for the interior "feel" but it's basicly the same lid. $350 is the balls! :up:

11. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

ebay if you don't care about MFG Date.....

12. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

My medium Suomy was much tighter than my medium Arai.

13. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

yup

14. socal

socal Well-Known Member

2X Yup!

15. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

I thought Bodell was a baller!

16. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

I sport a Suomy Extreme Chief Red, Spec 1R Pitt replica, and Arai RX-7 Tommy Gun. Between the 3 helmets the Suomy's have a snug fit compared to the Arai. Arai's are great helmets but I prefer the Suomys, better pricing, as good if not better air flow and almost 1/2 the cost. The new Suomy Excel is identical to the Extreme minus the $100 face shield and a less expensive interior (hard to tell the difference between the two).

17. bodell

The Suomy came yesterday. Best fit ever. What a killer helmet. Goodbye ARAI, I am a Suomy guy now.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I've ben using Suomy's for 5 or so years. Two crashes that my helmet hit the ground. Not even a headache from either.

I have four of them now. I just got a new one.

19. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Just picked up my new Arai lid from Kelly at Trackstar1. Those guys are the best! Gave me a smokin' deal, ultra-fast service, and the helmet is AWESOME. Couldn't be happier - thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]