1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunglasses

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Jun 17, 2018.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

motoboy likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've heard good things but have yet to try them.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Jaci at Honda East is awesome! Plus a big sponsor of racers!

4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

+1 more for Costa Del Mar

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

BTW - Randolph Engineering glasses are the real deal and Made in USA at competitive prices.

6. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

I can't believe you guys aren't going crazy over the Tony Elias glasses. I mean, he's faster than you, if you had the glasses, you would be fast too...

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Blenders are fantastic. Plus a few caddies today at the US Open were wearing them

GixxerBlade likes this.
  8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

after spending a few years in the gun industry, I have found that I like the Wiley X brand sunglasses. Plenty of polarized options, replaceable lenses, etc.

currently sporting a pair of the Valor glasses. So far so good, plus they are shooting spec (MIL and ANSI rated).

[​IMG]

BHP41 likes this.
  9. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’ve worn Oakley forever on the golf course and mountain biking but I need a decent pair that won’t make me cry when they get fubar’ed with the salt water at the beach.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have been wanted a good pair of more square aviators for a while now....

11. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I am a fan of the Serengeti glasses. Not the cheapest thing going, but you get what you pay for.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

a lot/most glasses on ebay are fakes, so be wary.

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So, Mongo's comment about square aviators made me take a look. Their Archer model is exactly like my favorite Ray-Bans they don't make anymore, but damn they're expensive ($249). I'm going to have to find a store to try them on - they're hit or miss locally. I think there might be a gun shop or two that carries them in Middle TN, but maybe not all models.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oakley all day. I make sure to have 3 pairs in inventory at all times. Prizm lens are definitely clearer than the regular polarized, but I'm not a total fan of the lens color choices.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've worn Oakleys forever but they killed off the unisex ones I wore (contrary to what sam said about them being women's) but I'm disappointed in the quality and pricing on them anymore.
    Looking for something new.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

look at jomashop with sometimes a coupon codes before you give up on Oakleys

18. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I agree. I had the same thing happen to mine. Looking for a replacement. Smith makes some pretty good ones and they are moto related.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I've had authentic Oakleys and Raybans but each time I've preferred the Kirkland Signature lookalikes I bought for a fraction of the price at Costco. Build quality is superior (sometimes you get flexy hinges when the originals don't have them) and you get a nicer carry box. Costco FTW !!! Paid 40$ for my aviators and they are much better than my Ray Bans of the same model which I paid 125$.

I also bought the Oakley Gascan lookalikes from Costco many years ago and they are still awesome.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I wear glasses pretty much all day every day since I drive so much for work and it's hard to beat Oakley for fit and comfort. Their prizm lenses are the shit too. 100% just came out with a bunch of new glasses though and I can't wait to get my samples in a few weeks to try them out.