1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunglasses

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Jun 17, 2018.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm rockin' Electric Big Beats (polarized wraparounds) About $100.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Love Oakley’s.

I’m going to get their frames for my next prescription glasses. Cannot read the BBS without my bifocals anymore.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Go on steepandcheap.com and find something on sale

Crash.fix.repeat and Funkm05 like this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Holy shit. I’m not even in the market for new glasses right now and I might get a pair. :eek:

Edit: what the heck does “Asian fit” mean???

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. They do make decent stuff still.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't stand non polarized, I think I'm too used to how weird they can make things look at times. Great for finding oil on a track too :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tiny head.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What’s the exact opposite of that? :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mongo fit.

Sabre699 and Rico888 like this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I see Raybans on Jomashop.com way cheaper than my local sunglass hut. Keep meaning to order a backup pair of my new wayfarers. Maybe check them out and report back here before I buy them there..... :cool:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Oakleys I go to the store and make sure I find something that fits and buy a pair (gotta support the brick and mortar who help you figure out what you want). Then contact Jaci at Honda East for future pairs or other lenses or the like.

dobr24 and sdiver like this.
  12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

In fact as Mongo just stated, the Oakley factory store around here just wants to represent the brand. I took my helmet in last time and tried on about 10 pairs before I found a good one to fit. Asked how to get it in RX and he handed me a card with the model name/# on it and said take this to any RX Oakley dealer they will do it for you.

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

coyote sunglasses .. all polarized and about 30 bucks coyoteusa.com but buy them from overstocksunglasses or similar distributor site.. i wear the dukes now
    Screenshot (55).png

14. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I’ve picked up neat new polarized ray bans from ebayfor $40. Throw some bids out and one will hit.

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Randolph Engineering FTMFW

16. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I used to love Oakley's but switched to Rudy Projects when are bike team got a deal with them. I feel they are on par and you can usually get them on sale. They have photcrhromic lenses that actually work really well.
    I also have a pair of Maui Jim's and Costas. The Maui's have the clearest lenses out of them all.

17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Oakley for frames. Revant for lenses.

My current dailys are Oakley Jupiter carbon matte frames with Revant polarized lenses. I've replaced most of my Oakley lenses with Revant optics over the years and have never been disappointed. When you spend literally every weekend in the summer outside at race tracks, good sunglasses are a priority.

BigBird and sdiver like this.
  18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My 15yo Oakley Bottlecaps are still going strong thanks to Revant. Had an issue once with gunpowder residue from shooting eating the coating. Contacted them and they replaced them, free of charge, and sent a prepaid return box for the old lens for R&D.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need lenses for my X Squared, I'll have to check them out.

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

No votes for Costas ? I thought this was mostly a southern forum ?
    You know , that trendy wave sticker you see on the back of Silverados.
    I’ve had polarized costas for last few years , pricey but their warranty is great and always will take care of me if I snap a frame .