1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Shenandoah in the Fall

Discussion in 'General' started by grady anderson, Jan 23, 2005.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

The new 05 Summit Point schedule shows WERA and CCS with dates on the Shenandoah track at Summit. I have been around that track in my friends Austin Mini and in it's current configuration MHO is that it is a deadly track. SCCA , whom I currently race with, will not be racing there. That should tell you something.
    I've raced with many off you in the past and felt like I should warn my friends. Be warned.

2. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i have heared the same. although i have not seen the track for myself, it is my understanding from some of the other riders talking in the paddock that they would not race there either.

maybe we can all get together on this one, and if it is as bad as everyone is saying. (i know there are two track day clubs that won't schedule the track). let's just see if we can do another main date at the end of the season.

wadda ya think?

tony
    #697 f4i
    :beer:

3. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

i believe a while ago there was a big discussion on this, and someone even had video of on the track for the test. i will see if i can find it

it didnt look too bad, dangerous in some places, but livable. not as deadly as seems to be the opinion in this thread.

4. tony715

do you know how long the track is?

i think main is 2.5 miles and jc is 1.6?

i believe the shenandoah is a small track also. does it have the paddock area like main. i actually thought this was supposed to be a practice track like jc.

tony

5. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

there was a discussion about this on the forum for the 'other' org. It was said that there were plans to redesign the layout and move a lot of the walls, etc.

We'll see what that's like

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2.0 and 1.1

7. tony715

what's shenandoah?

tony

8. Brian129

heres the old thread with vid linky

still works

9. Brian129

10. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

No. It is really bad. I was down there in October and looked around. I have no plans to race a car there much less a bike. Just an incredibly stupid waste of money. He could have used that space to expand the main track into something special.

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Mongo has already said they won't run it if the track doesn't make the changes they said they would.

12. tony715

that is what i heard also but i didn;t want to post that becasue i didn't hear it from the horses mouth.

how long is the shenandoah track?

tony

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm not sure. :(

14. cbrmarc

cbrmarc Well-Known Member

looks like a good pocket bike course

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's not safe we won't run there. A main course date at this time isn't available so it's schedule at Shenandoah or don't schedule at all.

And I repeat yet again - if it's not safe we won't run. Period. The track is working their asses off to make it safe and I'm going to trust in that work.

16. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

No VIR in August. No Summit Main in September. Why are these tracks taking away our dates?

17. tony715

well said my friend. i was thinking the same thing. if the shenandoah isn;t ready or safe we lose another weekend.

i am really hoping that beaverun gets there second track up and running soon. i would like to see at least 2 more weekends added to the schedule.

tony

18. LM954RR

LM954RR Tazers make beef tender!

Just watched the video of that place.....Man, picture a large Novice grid going into T1.......or going into the final part of the double S's.....the smallest slipup and there will be a wall asking you which way you wanna go next.:confused:

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Either way, are you going to be there?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Planning on it. Needless to say we'll all be over there at the National looking at it. Basically until then it's all a moot point.