1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit point Camping or hotels ???

Discussion in 'General' started by slaw0002, Mar 30, 2007.

1. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

What are the options for the area ???

Whats the track like ??? ( fast , easy , crap )

And is it a dry county , state , city ??? ( BYOB )

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hotels - Winchester, VA is your best bet. Camping is fine, decent showers, lots of peeps stay there. Not dry but nothing really close to shop at. For dinner you tend to run to either Winchester or Charles Town.

3. SteelRain

SteelRain Well-Known Member

Nearest hotels are few miles away, I am guessing about 10 miles most on small two lane roads. I prefer to camp but the showers are crap and there is no food on site (other than the cantina). If you don't pac your own food, you might as well get a hotel since you will have to go out to town to eat.

Summit's layout flows really well for me, but it is really rough. It ranks high on my list of favorite tracks, then again Nelson Ledges is probably my favorite track. there are lots of surface transisitons onto and off of concrete, tar patching, and good track surface. Many of these transitions are made while turning.

Persoanlly I love the track...and it is only two hours from home

4. slaw0002

So camp at the track , Fill the cooler with alot of beer , bring several bags of chips , and ride the track like Nelson ??? I do like Nelson and the bumps are fun when you have your Knee down . :down:

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

It has a few quirks. But good grip and is a good track.

And yeah...you can run into Charlestown for stuff....but it's a 20 minute trip.

6. Ride it like Grattan:D You trying to get a good grid for nelson?

7. slaw0002

I hate Grattan but that might be because of my little history there !!!

Not so much points , but I need to ride my new bike and the weather sucks up here . And If I can get 2 other people to ride with its not that bad of a trip .

8. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

You go into Berryville for things also. It is alot closer than Charles Town. Well I think it is.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're hallucinating :D

Actually the closest is the little convenience store on 7 where you turn to head to the track coming from Winchester.

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Last year we stayed at the Super-8 in Winchester... and there are some more hotels in that area... Winchester is only about 10 miles away...

Is there power to purchase at Summit???

11. cw195

cw195 Well-Known Member

There is power, I think it's $25.00 for the weekend.

12. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

Mongo,

I meant for anything substantial. Berryville has a Food Lion and other little shops there. Be nice to me or I won't work Summit in April......

13. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

summit has good traction? Since when??

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since compared to the old pavement.

15. Big Deezul

when was it repaved? It may have good traction compared to a super old surface, but it has nowhere near the traction of say...vir or jennings

16. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

WOW....it used to be that some (most??) places had more grip in the wet than Summit in the dry.

Nice to see that they've apparently put some cash into it

17. Big Deezul

I dont think they have, but I could be wrong. I think mongo is talking about now Vs. ages ago befor the last repave. I dont think it has been paved recently, but I may be learning something today

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ages ago is relative. When did you start racing? :D

19. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Apparently after 2000 when they repaved Summit. He would have loved the old pavement :D

- Roach

20. Big Deezul

I started in 2005 and in my opinion summit does not have good grip....I couldnt even imagine the old surface