1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point Bridge

Discussion in 'General' started by metricdevilmoto, Jun 19, 2015.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Noticed a note this morning on the CCS web site regarding the bridge and access to the Summit Point paddock. Sounds like they're going to send larger vehicles down the access road parallel to the front straight and then ... I'm not sure where Baker access is.

http://www.ccsracing.us/news/old/2015news.html#SPbridge

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Baker access is I believe down at T6-7-8. Short run from the main gate but long ass way to pit out counter race. That's going to suck, feel bad for them.

3. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

That's correct. Baker is down in the T7 area, where the Baker ambulance typically sits, by the gate, rider's left just after the carousel.

4. metricdevilmoto

OK, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Mostly because I'm not sure how it makes sense to go counter race from that access point. Seems easier to just go race direction and access the paddock via pit in. Unless maybe there's clearance issues with the bridge?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Clearance under the bridge is the race direction issue.

6. metricdevilmoto

Gotcha.

Should be interesting.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The time constraint will be the main issue - along with AC condensation on the track but that hopefully won't get too bad. Just going to suck for people stuck waiting and for CCS having to deal with upset riders and losing the time to get the lines in. Hopefully most people in bigger rigs will show early and leave late.

8. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Pick up with single car trailer....
    Wonder where they draw the line on that. I have a Crew Cab pick up with an 8.5x22 enclosed trailer. You can fit exactly one car in it. :D

BTW it is very cool that this topic concerning a CCS weekend is posted here. Thanks.
    I rarely, if ever go to the CCS site.

Mongo you have got to be suppressing a smile since WERA doesn't have a late Summer or Fall date there so no headache for you. God looks out for you.;)

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Haha.....nelson ledges bridge...

10. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

According to the email I just got from marrc, it's saying you will go down orchard road and come in at turn 1... It does say the baker access but the directions at the end say "This means instead of turning right over the bridge, you will go straight, down orchard road, to turn one, then counter race to pit out".

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet you'll be fine.

Not smiling, been through oddball things like this and know how much it sucks. Don't wish it on anyone but yeah a little relieved we don't have to deal with it this year.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That actually makes more sense for time. How bad is the turn from O Rd onto the track for big vehicles? Mine even just towing the jeep can't do a u-turn in less than 150' or more :D

13. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Neyra took his rig across there just 3 years ago. Not his toy hauler, but his semi rig. I guess management wasn't super happy about that but apparently it held up.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was dangerous - I've had to pull boards off of the track in the middle of the night at a 24 hour - and that was a good 25 years ago.

15. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Damn!! :eek:

16. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Not sure, looks like it could get tight for some of those bigger RV's and toy haulers.

Attached Files:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's actually pretty large and sweeping based on the car/truck in the middle. It should work fine. Definitely better than Baker.

18. metricdevilmoto

Agreed. I actually think something big with a trailer negotiating the carousel would be more difficult.

19. metricdevilmoto

No way! Brave man. The last time I was there, I was semi nervous to walk on it, and that was in maybe 07.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

The bridge at summit was rebuilt not that long ago. I wonder what happened. I wonder if its some issue with weird turning hill before you cross into the paddock.

At mosport, you drove through one of those corrugated steel pedestrian tunnels. That thing was super tiny. Didnt you drive across the track at nelson after hours?