1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point 4hr

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by lance89, Feb 7, 2013.

1. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Sean, please tell me the Summit Point 4hr is on Saturday Sep 21 and not on Friday 20th. thanks Lance

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

From the 2013 Schedule thread in General we have post 152:
    (sorry to be the bearer of bad news...Sat. would likely have worked better for us as well, but you do what you have to do...)

3. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Knew it was going to be a busy year and it got even more hectic with Friday endurance races. Work doesn't like it but that's too bad. My calendar's already been marked and scheduled. I'm all IN! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

You are "all it"??? I am sure your new avatar answers that :crackup:

5. rwood64083

*In

Obviously, I don't use spell check (read the line beside my avatar) :D

And, although I preview what I type before submitting a response, I tend to overlook things (again, read the line beside my avatar) :D

And to quote Billy Crystal's character in The Princess Bride... While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

Thanks Howie :rolleyes:

6. joec

joec brace yourself

i'll be there to watch. never seen one and this will be a great chance to take an extra day and see what its all about.

7. rwood64083

It's great! People scurrying about, pit crews frantically rushing, riders about to fall off bikes after a long stint, trying to keep bikes running, spectators walking across a hot pit road not paying attention about to get hit by an inbound racer, quick tire changes (by the fast teams... not me), Mongo and his minions[​IMG] yelling at everyone cause we're doing it all wrong :D

Seriously, it's a great time and we all have fun. It's a great sense of accomplishment. We're very fortunate to have a racing organization that keeps the series alive. Feel free to wander through the pits during the race and meet some folks. Stop buy our pit and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Hang around too long and one of the teams might put you to work :rolleyes:

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Haven't been to Summit yet, looking forward to adding int to my tracketiore this year.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Summit is a fun track, you'll like it.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Definitely the wildest pit I've ever seen, especially down towards the last corner. :beer:

11. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Wanna try?

I'm planning on running there, not gonna win anything but I think we'll finish. Do you want some seat time?

12. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

Its going to be brutal but we'll do our best to make it ... We'll drive home from NOLA on Monday just to leave out again on Thursday. Saturday would have been better for me due to how limited I am on vaca but it's like been said - gotta do what ya gotta do.

Endurance is so much fun! (I'm crew only)

13. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Turn ten is fun. I will be there. Maybe ridge racing will make a comeback??? Wheres the general?

14. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

Thanks for reminding me... :(

15. t11ravis

I'd rather not remember that whole scene either.

16. gixxernaut

Now I'm curious. :Pop:

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1.

Give it up.

18. t11ravis

Not a secret or anything. Garry can elaborate.

19. gixxernaut

I don't see a whole lot of elaboratin' going on and I'm all out of popcorn.