1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Main repave day 1

Discussion in 'General' started by Bret_P, Oct 9, 2007.

1. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

i went by just a little bit ago. after making me sit and wait for 30 minutes i was told that they would not be allowing "work in progress" pictures. I told them that i was a member of a local forum with several hundred members that were dying for some pictures and was told to come back friday and i could take all i wanted of the finished product. from what i was able to see it looked very nice. hopefully the cars being there for 3 days fri-sun wont tear it up too bad with such a short cure time. it makes me almost want to sign up for the 15th with tpm to find out.

2. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

And I'll bet that most have never been to Bridgehampton (RIP) where taking a bath in a lake down the road (in Sag Harbor) was WAY better than the 2 showers (which we had to share with the ladies who only had 1) we had to deal with.:crackup:

FWIW, I can't wait to race the new pavement next year.:clap:

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

it's my home track, so for sure I've seen a few there...ironically enough, Greg Harrison himself low-sided a couple years ago was the one that sticks out in my mind...even ended up giving him a ride back to his pit.

to clarify I am not trying to say it's the safest place to crash, with the best run-off and the wall isn't an issue if you go down. it is a known element to the track, and we all get to make decisions when evaluating risk. Mongo's getting air fence there as often as possible. it's pretty much as safe as it's ever gonna be...and with that we all get to make our own minds about racing there.

one reason I prefer WERA is that I know Mongo puts rider safety above everything else.

part of my frustration...:stupid: ...it's been hashed out so many times...:eek: the wall can't be moved farther back...it's not a money issue...it's that you'd end up with riders/bikes coming thru into the carousel area...it's not ideal by any stretch, but it's the reality.

4. Cuddles de Sade

I'm stoked to get feedback from peeps about the new pavement.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Since you won't tell the story of the irony, I will. Greg was the man behind the dozer to 'move the mountain' when the wall was moved back.

6. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

I am pretty sure Greg stopped racing regularly after hitting the wall in turn 4 a couple of years ago as well.

7. Cuddles de Sade

thought it was fairly common knowledge...:rolleyes:

8. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

That's back when the tires didn't have air in them right? :D

9. Next time you are there, take another look. It can be moved back at least another 20-30 feet but you would have to move some earth and rock. You would still have a wall, so bikes would not be any more likely to go through to the carousel.

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Was that Greg? I forgot about that... His wreck could have been much worse - he hit that wall pretty hard. His bike didn't fair too well - rolled down the wall if I remember right..

11. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

Do you think running cars on the track one day after the paving is finished is going to cause the track to have really bad bumps on it?

12. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Ummm, most likely, yep.

13. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

No it will be fine. Think positive. It works for those who like to eat liver.

14. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

I had to sign up (even though I wasn't a member) to do Mondays day.
    I signed up for half day since the slicks on the bike have 2 race days on them....I had to check it out and for $90.00 what the hell. :rock:

I bring back an opinion and plenty of pics!! :clap:

15. Cuddles de Sade

the bike ended up on top of the tire wall, right under the hot tub...

16. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I wish I could make the trackday this monday! Damn kids and there Birthdays.

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

That kid (friend of mine) is fuckin' quick! I'll probably be at Summit this Monday to give the new surface a go...we'll see what happens:confused:

18. gixster

gixster Well-Known Member

Wish you were coming too,I like trying to catch you..:beer:

chris

19. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

What bike, group you going to be on? Ill keep an eye open for ya. :up:

I'll be on a Blue/black GSXR 750 #162... whatever color the top group is in (never run with this club).

Mark