1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Main repave day 1

Discussion in 'General' started by Bret_P, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

WOW! I didn't think this was going to really happen. I have mixed feelings about it though, I was very comfortable on the concrete and loved the bumps. It helped me gauge if I was running at pace in a particular section or not. By lap 3, if I could still feel my kidneys I was going to slow :D

2. dclude757

dclude757 Race Whore

I'm just curious - have you ever seen someone fast crash in turn 4?
    I've seen several bikes get destroyed there hitting the wall WITH airfence and flipping up and over the wall.

I agree with the idea that if you don't think its safe then you shouldn't go out but it was a problem before and I think the new pavement will make it worse and it would be nice for them to at least attempt to address the issue.

I'm glad they're repaving the track but the faster speeds will cause some serious safety concerns.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly, I don't care about the bikes. What happens to the rider is what matters.

4. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

+1 on that.

Amazing. People bitch about the track, now it's getting a makeover and........peeps are still bitching

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

That's the charm of Summit! :up:

Now they gotta work on that bathroom across from pit-out. What a debacle! :Puke:

Only place I've seen people cleaning engine parts in the shower stall and others think it's a good idea and go back and get their parts :moon:

6. dclude757

dclude757 Race Whore

Just to clarify - I'm not bitching about the re-pave...I thought it should have been done a while ago...I'm just saying that "if" the new conditions allow for increased speeds, the run-off in some areas seemed too short with the old conditions so it would be nice for them to take that into consideration.

7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

They should level the bathroom and put up portapots. At least the smell would be better.

8. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Mongo has already touched on that. "you can't just move the wall" is pretty close to what he said the last time this came up.

I think paving the track is fantastic, but I am sure this will go 8 or so pages

9. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

+1

10. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Anyone who complains about the bathrooms at Summit, from here on out, should be forced to wear a skirt (preferably pink with purple polka dots) over their leathers for an entire race season.

11. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I would wear a pink & purple polka dot skirt if they make them look like VIR's bathrooms. :Poke:

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Yes, I have. Multiple times. Most of the time, they got up and walked away. As the prophet St. John the 29th once said, 'Airfence Rocks' :up:

13. Not true. It was moved back, but not as far as it can go. The problem is, that to move it any further requires excavation (more money).

14. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I thought he had a permanent seat in Section 112 in Giants Stadium. You know, in the Jimmy Hoffa End Zone seating area....

15. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

T4 wall notwithstanding....

I'm stoked!
    I would have bet the house that this wasn't going to happen for some reason or another.....

16. NuttZ

NuttZ Well-Known Member

:stupid: I hit the wall in T4...no Airfence tho :(

Linky

Bike wasn't as lucky as I was.

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

MythBusters proved that he's not in Giants Stadium...

18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

This is the WERA BBS. We don't cater to folks who bust myths 'round these here parts.

Folks here can't handle the truth.

:p

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hey, for all I know he's in T4 at Summit. Maybe that's why they won't move that wall!

20. MudButt

MudButt Well-Known Member

Those complaining about summits bathrooms obviously have NOT been to NELSON! :Puke:

Stick a concrete box in the ground put a 12 inch tube straight into it, put a toilet seat on it, and build a box around it. A permanent porta john that never gets clean. That place makes summit seem like a 5 star hotels bathroom even on its bad day.

I too am going to miss the concrete patches :(.