1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STRYDER bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

@Chino52405

i need to upload the track i mowed in the yard last night.

he says it's like a MotoGP track. kid keeps losing the front like MM93

i need to see how much that brushless motor is :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's awesome, Phil ! Nice yard too...

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's pretty damn cool!

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That is awesome.....no way I'd sacrifice my grass like that though.

Funkm05 likes this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That's badass! I love grass, but want more yard for the boys anyway, so seems fine to me. We have a "track" in the alley and he makes me do the "motogp lights" with open and closed hands. I'm mostly impressed with his ability to recover and think thats something trikes and pedals can't teach.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

What's grass? We have rocks. And some dirt. Maybe a cactus.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Nicely done! Phuck grass long time!

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Stryder or Stacyc?

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

stacyc actually, went from stryder to crf50, to Kink BMX, to stacyc to mountain bike and hopefully one day back on the 50.

masshole likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

I like the freshly cut rumble strips :D

fastfreddie and Phl218 like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

gotta get the drone out tonight...

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

How old was your kid at these ages? I'm looking to upgrade mine from the strider. She's about to turn 4. Any suggestions?

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just picked up the Stacyc from Cycle Gear for my 6yr old daughter. She's just using it as a balance bike so far working on the balance part. After I saw those kids on the Ohvale, I realized I needed to up my parenting game... lol...

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I mowed a track in the lower field for grand daughter on her Kawi 110. I tried to create a mini version of the old Beaver Run track. I had to sacrifice the straights to get it to fit. Next year I think I'll get the box blade out and turn it into a dirt track. Do you think it would need to be compacted? I don't have an easy way to do that.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

stryder age 2.5

crf50 with training wheels or me steering, ultimately a buddy of mine crashing my son into my 6x12 age 3

Kink BMX third birthday, took the training wheels off 4 weeks after that, balance established from stryder; gearing and weight sucked on it though, BMX's are only for flat asphalt for kids.

stacyc at 4.5 years, medium speed first day, fast setting second day

mountain bike 5th b-day, with brake discs and 6-spd LOL, all he's lacking right now is shifting down since he's getting sweaty palms so quickly and is slipping the twist shifter

hopefully one day back on the 50 this year, thing is, i have street tires on right now so the yard is not an option...

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

Have to see how good the drone is in avoiding trees in follow me mode

Attached Files:

Chris, cha0s#242 and bullockcm like this.
  19. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Depends on soil type and moisture content really. In my experience once you get it graded out like you want, lengthening the top link out so the box blade is riding on just the rear blade will compact things decently. Even well packed clay(all I have here other than rocks) will rut and tear up with knobbies but depending on skill level street/flat track tires might be asking to much. Now I think there is a tractor thread around here somewhere I need to go post in...

Phl218 likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

My son started on the Stryder at age 1.5 and by the time he was 2.8 he was on the pedal bike with no training wheels. We'll be trying out the fiddy next week when he's turning 5 y.o. I can't wait :)

Phl218 likes this.