1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street crash advice

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jun 17, 2019.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

RiderzLaw might not be able to help you, depending on which state you are in. But they know plenty of attorneys elsewhere and can likely point you in the right direction. One of the owners - Sy Nazif - is from Pittsburg so hes gotta know a good attorney in that area. And if you don't like their catchy marketing name, u can try the more official one http://www.mncalaw.com.

(I am sponsored by them and know how hard they work for their clients)

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I guess I have some calls to make.

3. :stupid:

After my really bad one in '07, I had head trauma related issues for months...and sometimes new ones would develop weeks after the crash. IMO, when it comes to significant head trauma, it isn't a "one and done". Meaning it is insufficient for one doctor to do one scan and call it good.

I had really bad vertigo due to ear damage that wasn't diagnosed till 6 months after the crash.

In theory, you shouldn't need a lawyer as long as everything is documented and is contributed to the original crash. But they might could find a way out of it, so it would probably be best to have a lawyer on your side.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

IMO the insurance company has lawyers to pay you as little as possible. You'll more than likely need one to level the playing field.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

When I had a street crash the attorney I hired squeezed a good bit more out of the insurance co than I would have ever gotten and he also negotiated a lot of the medical bills down after the settlement. Thing is you have to foot all the med bills until your 100% over the injury before settlement begins (but you will still be receiving bills for months after), its a good idea to have someone looking out for you because they all want to pay out the least amount possible. He does get a big chunk (30% after bills are paid), but IMO its worth it to not have to be so involved and frustrated at how all this crap works.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Going through the same thing with the boss after she was rear ended last month so great timing on the thread although it sucks it had to get posted. For you especially with head injuries like that get a lawyer. No question about it. For our stuff I'm at the point of getting in touch with Sy at Riderz Law for suggestions on someone local this week since her bills are still going up with follow up checks and she's still feeling the effects.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to be discouraging, but my cousin in law was rear ended back in the mid 70s and dealt with issues from whiplash for decades. Don't let them off the hook. Prayers for the boss lady and I hope her outcome is far better.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So something I had no idea existed until I saw her car - Jeep (and I'm sure others) have these cool headrests that are spring loaded and pop open with a rear impact. Kept her head from going as far back as it would otherwise and help minimize the whiplash. Still got some and mild concussion as well as bumps/bruises/soft tissue stuff that is still bugging her.

Anyway, yeah, not signing a thing. Our insurance is handling the car and then will subrogate that end of things. Once we get settled and caught after being gone for the last 12 days we'll go over the medical end and see where we're at along with lawyer options. Upside is our current lawsuit depositions won't happen tomorrow so we get another day in the office and might actually have downtime this weekend :D

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Good call about the negotiating. The most recent accident I had racked up the bills which the attorney was able to lower significantly and turned a situation from one where I was going to have to come out of pocket to one where I was able to put a little cash back into my pocket.

10. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

We used Hasty & Pope for my wife's accident a few years ago. They have an office in downtown Canton. Did a good job for us if you're still looking for an attorney.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Appreciate the info!

biggenyz426 likes this.
  12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I got hit in 2006 and was in the hospital for eight days, and couldn't walk for three months. The driver who hit me sent me cards, came and visited in the hospital, and was clearly honestly tore up about hurting me. Their insurance company, on the other hand, sent a check and settlement offer - while I was still in ICU - for $8,000 to cover "damages".

The inpatient hospital bill alone ended up being almost $90,000.

Get you a lawyer, and do not be shy about letting them do their job. The insurance company's lawyers will sure as fuck be doing theirs.