1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Story) Ohio Solo20

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by #769novice, Aug 8, 2000.

1. #769novice

#769novice Active Member

Sunday morning... I was ready to race the Solo 20... I had set my goal to running a low 1:14:00 before the day was out... I had picked out a line that I felt comfortable with and wasn't going to deviate from it unless I had to pass someone...

We are in our grid positions now after the warm-up lap.. One minute board.. Green Flag... RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRr..... Wes came from the 9th row all the way up between me and another rider... I was like WHOA.... Where did he come from.. Wes LAUNCHED the hell out of that bike... There was a gap of at least 4 - 5 rows between the first and the second group (Not a 2 Wave start. Just a gap).... Before turn one he had put four bikes between us off the start... I was like, " Look at him goooo" I knew right then that the pace was going to be quick.. This track was so bumpy and fast but I had trust in my Pirelli's... I just threw it into the turns and hoped for the best... We are flying now... SHI***** passed again.. I thought I was flying... Okay enough of this.... RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRr .. Passed him back going into turn 12... I found that I was much faster than a lot of the riders going through the kink... That's where I made up most of my time.. The kink is very bumpy but has a sweet stop right in the niddle... Just lay that bastard over and hope for the best ...LOL... Okay we are at the half way mark... My mouth was dry as the desert..(Can I pull off for a drink please?) As soon as I said that coming out of turn 13.. I wacked the throttle to get a good drive down the straight and both tires slide all the way to the outside... ONE EYE OPEN....TONGUE BETWEEN MY TEETH... BALLS ON THE TANK WITH A DEATH GRIP ON THE HANDLE BARS... I run into the dirt sideways still on the gass... BRAIN...STAY ON THE GASS..PLEASE.. TELL MY HANDS THAT...... as soon as the bike touches more pavement it snapped straight.; Like a diving board after a dive... I looked at wall and gave them the thumbs up like I meant to do that....LOL.. After that I was sliding in turn 4, 9, and 13... I was hoping that no one was behind me... I am moving now... I am catching people and passing them... I was on my way into turn 12 out of the kink... I told you that I fly through the kink, I ran up the inside of two riders..... Well, there is a bump right before turn 12 that I did not see before... I ran over that bump on the front brake... I did a 120 mph endo right before turn 12... My nutz were on the tank while the rear end just swayed back and forth... Than on top of that I was coming up on a guy on the inside that I knew would take a tight line into 12... If I don't stop this bastard I will have to dump it so that I don't take out that rider... Well to my surprise the rear end came down, "Shreetch... Touch down.. It is now safe to move about the cabin now "... I slammed down two gears and threw it into to the turn.... and passed the other guy on the inside... (I meant to do that....LOL)... All I could think about was getting a drink of water... I was happier than a runaway slave when I saw the white flag signaling the last lap... I turned on the gass.... "COLD GLASS OF WATER.. COLD GLASS OF WATER... I turned a 1:14:30 lap on the last lap my best for the day.... It's funny what motivates a person to go fast...LOL

The fun never stops......