1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Market reaction?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rob P, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Place your bets! The day of reckoning is upon us. How will the markets respond to the elections tomorrow? Will they crash or surge if Clinton is elected? Will they crash or surge if Trump is elected? Should I start converting my paper money into something more stable like diamonds? I'm preparing for the end of days, so I need to know.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll bounce around no matter who wins and settle down. Presidential election never has a long term direct effect.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

LOL! If Trump wins it will spike down for a bit and then come back to where it was and if Clinton wins it will spike up and then go back to wherever it was.

Orvis and ductune like this.
  4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Look at the market's reaction as Clinton has waxed and waned the past couple of weeks.

ductune likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How do you know she waxed?

6. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

The market looks for stability. Trump is unstable. Clinton is supposed to be in the pocket of Wall Street so.......

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

We'll see if Yellen actually raises the rate in December or if she does a Lucy and pulls the football away like she's done so many times before while continuing to beat the "data dependent" drum
    I think Mongo is right that the election will be a blip. Yellen will get shit canned if Trump gets in though so maybe she'll be less apt to continue kicking the can

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Her suit pants kept sticking.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Y'all need to stop talking about Hillary waxing. The visual has be a bit scarred...

Murcielago311 likes this.
  10. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

The market wants Hillary and a GOP congress so nothing gets done.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I fully suspect that most of the voters would love for that to be the case also. :beer:

crashman likes this.
  12. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Just yyyyyuuuuuukkkkkk.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If you look at the historical data since WWII, each time the party in the White House changes (doesn't matter from which to which) the uncertainty causes a period of instability. Depending on what the new Prez does, it will will go up or down from there. Instability in politics makes the market go down.

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

\Not how the Fed works. She has a fixed period in office.

I hope she does raise rates. We need to get back to a point where the Fed has some ammo if the economy takes a further dump. With interest rates at less than .01, They have no wiggle room. I would like to see a .002 raise every quarter until the Fed rate is back to .02 (2%)

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I know how it works
    and as President you can highly encourage a resignation, same goes for Comey
    Also, the Fed has been jawboning about how good the economy is progressing but won't raise rates. If everything is good then do it, not this 25 basis points bullshit either.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I was hoping for a crash, but its been surprisingly stable... :(

I'm in a buying mood today :D

XFBO likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, look like it's leveled out pretty decently.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I was hoping for the same, been watching for something to crash so I can buy.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How about the price of rice in China?

XFBO likes this.
  20. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Invest in Pesos