1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STG is tired of your s@it.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Jun 16, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The customer is obviously a tool, but I don't really get the point. Best case, he gets some laughs. Worst case, people start returning ridiculous shit just to try get attention on the next video.

Neither outcome does anything for the business. Bizarre place to invest your time.

badmoon692008, Brian Van and G 97 like this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

100% not. haha it vibes with my current way of business.

Brian Van likes this.
  3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I guess, but they do tons of videos, and I've bought a lot of stuff based on that. It's just a step above seeing pictures, some guy actually holding it, and moving it, if a picture is worth 1000 words the vids are worth a million. I'm sure they just did this as a quick thing after doing some actual work. If people start returning shit just to get attention its probably the same shit heads you don't want buying in the first place. He didn't mention any names so its not like there is any "credit" given anywhere

Brian Van likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I figured he just wants us to see he needs to buy the next size bigger shirt?:D

Brian Van, Odilup and Robin172 like this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I've probably bought $3K worth of shit from STG this year, this video makes me want to buy more!

cav115 and Brian Van like this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That happens when you change bikes!

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Happens all the time. I ordered some beer glasses from Amazon. The box showed clear signs of having been a return (poorly repacked, bulging, etc.). When I opened it, I found that some toolbag had replaced the beer glasses with champagne glasses inscribed with, „Happy 30th Birthday!“

Amazon sells returns as new all the time.

8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Even though I’ve hung up my trackday leathers, I still ride (FJR) for weekend sanity checks. @Sportbike Track Gear remains my go-to source for gear. His staff ALWAYS goes above and beyond to help me find the right gear that’ll work for my sport touring purpose.

@Brian Van , I wish you and STG nothing but the best. The large product range, fair prices, knowledgeable staff, excellent videos (especially the gear sizing ones), and how-to videos all make for the reasons that I go to, and send friends to, STG.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

STG, RD, Woodcraft and my local dealer get all my business. I try to spread it around and only go to e-bay for stuff they don't carry like antique parts.

Jason P. likes this.
  10. Jason P.

Jason P. Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of speaking to Van on a weekly basis when I worked over at WC.

The man is as hilarious as he's true to his words. I was dying watching this video. Ya'll be wouldn't BELIEVE HOW OFTEN shit like that happens.

Phew so glad I am not dealing with that anymore :D

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Pfft, Broome spent that on visors alone yesterday.

ToddClark and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Excellent video other than the shirt that is 4 sizes too small. :D

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I just love when asshats drop their "legal" training like that and then proceed to be total cunts. Makes me real proud of my profession. :rolleyes:
    Love me some STG, Brian is oldschool and it's always a pleasure doing business with him and his shop.

14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I'd bet that if the customer just told them that they fucked up on the helmet order and been cool, STG would have helped them out. But for real, at least clean the bugs off the thing before sending it back.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brian is pretty damn alright even if he likes chick flicks and drinks fruity flavored smirnoff ice.

Brian Van likes this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I just bought a new Arai from them, and when I put it on, the first thing I noticed was how awesome the visor was. I thought of Mr. Broome for sure. If he saw the visor I had been racing on........

Gorilla George and Brian Van like this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think reselling returns as new is honest IF

1. You can cost effectively determine the product hasn’t been used, damaged or had any value consumed due to the return

2. There’s no difference in customer satisfaction between the never purchased and return item

I actually think the customer has a smidgen of a point about not being completely able to tell if a helmet has been internally damaged. IE, customer dropped helmet but didn’t cause exterior damage, or customer exposed helmet to storage conditions outside manufacturer tolerances etc. Those are extreme edge cases though.

I think he might have a business opportunity here though. If there’s no satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer, they could offer one on clothing and personal equipment for a price. It can be difficult with this type of stuff to determine if it works for you without actually using it. You can resell the used stuff too as good products have a lot of value even used. I buy stuff from REI because of their return policy, and I’ve utilized it. Warranties and guarantees are also extremely profitable to sell, assuming you have enough volume to accurately underwrite them.

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The “alleged” bug! :crackup:Did it in fact get tested to determine if it was a bug? And if so was is a high speed impact from riding or a low speed squish from packing and shipping?:rolleyes:

badmoon692008 and Brian Van like this.
  19. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Appreciate the kind words Chris! Hopefully we will see you at the track this year, it has been too long.

Gorilla George likes this.