1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Good lord. I sure hope big pharma is working on a pill to cure TDS...

Fencer, BHP41, crashman and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you can't appreciate the sacrifice without serving? Huh.
    You can't appreciate it if no one in your immediate family has served? Well shit, glad Dad did his 4 years of being based in the US or guard duty in Korea so I can appreciate the sacrifice of those who served in war zones.
    Who did he bash? I missed that.
    That fight didn't have shit to do with the soldier or his service. It had to do with the parents attacking Trump for political bullshit.
    I'm lost on the wealth part - was he supposed to give vets cash or something? I'm not wealthy or famous and I don't talk about what I give or how I feel about servicemen and women as a general topic of conversation. Not sure why Trump would have done so prior to campaigning.

TurboBlew and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. Spang308

Stop it with the facts!
    You're gonna hurt his feelings.

TurboBlew, StaccatoFan, drop and 2 others like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This. Not wanting to be sent to die in the jungle for nothing was a pretty common feeling.
    I recall being very determined to not go.
    Luckily, the draft ended the first year I was eligible.

Maybe Trump didn't serve but he supports the troops.
    Obama didn't serve or support the troops.
    It's impossible to understand how you can hold an opinion
    that is so obviously, demonstrably wrong.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

She makes some good points but she’s too far out at times for me. Just like Hannity, they have developed their shtick and it’s tiresome at times. I typically tune them both out as they seldom seem to exhibit any level of objectivity. It just gets old.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

It was John McCain. I read your response and don't agree with your opinion. I believe my facts still lead to the conclusion that you and I agree on. His pep talk on the service of others was self service.

7. jamilrahman

Why doesn't everyone keep bringing up Obama or crooked Hillary?

8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

You may think so, but you don't- go back in your safe place

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course it was, it was done in a speech. I still wonder if you think he should have just totally ignored them in his speech, if you do feel that way I would follow up with what good would it do for anyone serving to ignore them?

As for bashing McCain, sorry, that one doesn't mean diddly once McCain started attacking Trump. Attack a douche and they're going to lash out.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also - technically he is currently serving. He is the commander if every last person in the US military in all branches. He is responsible for them now. It's a hell of a lot different than campaigning or as a private citizen...

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Probably for the same reason you keep bringing up Trumps military record. Both are irrelevant.

12. Spang308

John McCain was a traitorous shitbag RINO.
    There. You can hate me too now.

TurboBlew, BHP41, YamahaRick and 4 others like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good Lord, please stop. He’s shown and directly has demonstrated a lot of appreciation as well. It’s pretty clear to anyone with any level of objectivity that the service members approve and appreciated, not only what he has said, but also the actions he has taken. He’s been in their corner from day one.

Name one politician in the history of the entire world who is not ultimately self serving? There are several things to be critical with about Trump but his stance and talk of the military isn’t one of them.

XFBO and K51000 like this.
  14. jamilrahman

All the excuses are written in . Well done lol.

15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

If you're around Mil town (Milwaukee), look me up/PM me- I'll buy you a beer or 3:flag::rock:

Spang308 likes this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Nope. Just not impressed with the passive aggressive style you used. If you have something to say, say it. Don't make us draw it out of you like you are an angry girlfriend or something.

You bait the hook with a comment that you know will trigger some, then you wait.

That's trolling IMO. YMMV.

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Good thing he spent all those weekends during his first 2 years going to see the troops rather than golfing.... wait, I might have that backwards.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You mean like the visiting of the troops that he got bashed for doing during the holidays? Of course not.

BHP41 likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Huh? Went to bat for increased funding and , more importantly, has untied their hands when it comes to doing their jobs.

TurboBlew, StaccatoFan and XFBO like this.
  20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Im still trying to figure out what rights women are in danger of losing, so much so that people have to demonstrate by wearing a certain color clothing.

TurboBlew, StaccatoFan and kangasj like this.