1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What? Like you got something better to do??

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know it sounds crazy, assessed value is 20k so 360, then there is a cap reduction ends up 185 a year. They sent me four payment stubs 45 bucks each, I just sent in the full amount. They get a lot of money from gambling and hotel taxes.

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah man, I've read about "Vanlife". A friend (ex-MotoGuzzi racer) is doing it too.

The way I'm seeing me do it is, go somewhere for a few weeks, come home for a few.....I am still married, and do like an anchoring, home, etc....The van will also be able to contain a motorcycle, of course.

MH should look into doing training....he's goofy enough to be good at it. :)

Fencer likes this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Replace the sailboat with an RV and that was me. Then came the curveball.
    Was prepared enough to not have to go into hock, but, I’m now in the process of figuring out what the new target is. It sure isn’t 55.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Find a hobby that may or may not make you a couple of bucks. Form the world's first Crimpshrine cover band. Take up that ultimate stupid ass frisbee crap they play around here. Become a scrap metal artist. Something fun.

6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Being a dealer for Roadtrek motorhomes (Vans), I have all kinds of stories from customers who are living the #vanlife. The one common denominator between most of is that they are either mostly single, with no kids. The gypsy life has its appeal, but I would absolutely miss being around my close friends and family regularly.

Stay close to the kids Ritchie. They still need their dad, even if they won't say it.

Uncle Snake and Fencer like this.
  7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Richie could play music on a street corner....if he has a hat...

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

Scott S. likes this.
  9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I am working on rebuilding my relationship with 2 of the 3 after the D. it is taking time, but slow progress.

YamahaRick and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good luck to you.

YamahaRick and StaccatoFan like this.
  11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Yeah, I was half shit-posting. My kids have full college funds from my parents -- there are some benefits to having the only grandchildren...

When I went for my first freshman year my parents told me that if I wanted to go it was up to me to get scholarships/grants/whatever. I think they bought my books and some dorm room stuff my first semester, but after that I was on my own. And when I flunked out, they didn't hold my hand and reassure me that it was all someone else's fault.

They encouraged me to go back, and I did, and even graduated, but they didn't pay for it.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

To those concerned, kids are fine. I live 1.2 miles away. I see them almost daily.

Today sucked at work. Poured fucking rain all day. Shit tips too. All good though. Got home, made a big salad, drank some beers, and now.....crash time.

Tomorrow will be better.

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Which PH is it? We got derivery from the Greer store thursday night. Was hoping it would be you.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

I would order pizza everyday if my was my delivery guy.

Funkm05 likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Don’t forget to make sure you answer the door in various states of undress. :crackup:

BigBird and Robin172 like this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

The entertainment possibilities are more or less endless.

Funkm05 and jrsamples like this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A bondage chick in full uniform and a naked man on a collar and chain, pretending to be a coffee table....

auminer likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's from the Chinese restaurant. :D

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

My wife actually called for delivery from Grand China and we make the joke so much she forgot and said "derivery" on the phone. I laughed my ass off for years!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    jrsamples and Sabre699 like this.
  20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Taylors.