1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well, there has to be more to starting over than the soggy, tasteless, luke warm shit that has been delivered so far. :D

joec and Phl218 like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ok, that was a worthwhile experiment. Flavour was there, but the texture in the middle was off. It lost it's crunch when I put it in the oven (@500) Gonna try it again with a stone to get some more crunch throughout the middle. Around the edges was awesome though. I made 2 about that size (8-9") and just killed them both. Obviously not the same as a good pizza, but If I couldn't eat Gluten, I'd be alright with this. Can't wait to try this again.

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That looks pretty good. The theory is great and let me know when you get it perfected. My DIL is gluten free and I am always looking for good stuff I can make that everybody likes and she can eat. This holiday I made a great banana cream desert that was gluten and dairy free. I had to use gluten free vanilla wafer cookies for the crust instead of graham cracker and everybody loved it.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is that a hash brown crust? Just use the Fathead dough recipe. You can spice it up with some seasonings and it works great. It's barely discernible from regular pizza.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Cook the crust first then add the toppings.

6. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

temp is too high. hashbrowns have been cooked that high on a flat top exactly never for a reason.

clarified butter, 350* and more time is what you need. it's not hard to warm up tomato sauce or melt mozz. pre-bake the taters a bit.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Clarified butter, That's it. Knew there was something I couldn't remember. Haven't made hash browns for probably 10 years. I think I used to cover them while cooking too. I grated and soaked the potato in cold water for a while, then rinsed and dried them thoroughly. Then I pan fried them in regular butter until they were crispy. From there I just treated them the same as Naan bread when I make naan pizza, and put sauce, cheese, and toppings on it then tossed it in a 500* oven for 5 minutes or so until the cheese started bubbling. They browned too much from the butter, and I bet if I used a pizza stone (mine was sitting out near the BBQ soaking wet so I couldn't use it) they would have done better also, but probably not necessary.

This was just a whim from an idea I got reading this thread. No recipes were consulted. If I can get back to making good hash browns like I used to the rest is easy.

Can't wait to try a breakfast hash brown pizza with hollandaise, brie, and bacon/sausage now.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I just got tipped $6 and a joint by a bunch of Mexicans getting fucked up. They tried to get me to stay. And oh how I wanted to, but, still had calls. Sometimes this job can be brutal. MH out. My peeps are hungry.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Why would you leave!!? :(When you find a homie,its time to plant roots and smoke up,eat pie,and do a drive by.:Pop:

Metalhead likes this.
  12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Exactly, those esses would have gotten you out of all sort of trouble whenever you needed it, they would have been a call away homes, why you treat'em like that amigo?

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Got off an hour early. With tips I made $23 an hour on a rainy Sunday. Lol.

And a joint. Which I aint smoking. It's rolled in a cigar type blunt paper. Kinda shady. Imma give it to one of my buds.

The end.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Were there any hot senorita's there ?

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Richie, as much as we tease. Keep doing your thing man. Just make sure it involves banging a trailer park slut sooner rather than later for our entertainment.

[​IMG]

ToofPic and Metalhead like this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Razr and Metalhead like this.
  17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Made a nana bread pizza the other day. Really was good.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm glad our Neapolitan friends aren't reading this. Abominations left, right, center. But "nana" bread?
    Jeezus. o_O

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think he meant naan

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One can hope...