1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jan 23, 2017.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Are either of them "pro" racers or club racers

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Home stretch.....the last trailer comes out Monday night during the football game on ESPN, 2 months to the premier.

Please don't suck balls. :confused:

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

The Huff Po types and the Blaze types will hate it while the people who enjoy movies will love it.

dtalbott likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So you're saying its going to be the polar opposite of The Last Jedi?

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This is where I was scratching my head. Since it was a borderline dungeon post, I let it be.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Taking the Kid to the Disney Galaxies Edge stuff tomorrow. Gonna let him build a light saber. Let him enjoy being a kid and make some memories.

motoboy likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

upload_2019-10-20_11-14-20.jpeg

Done!

Chris, Jedb, scottn and 4 others like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Posted the last trailer in the Yootoobz thread in case anyone else hates football and didn't want to put on the 1/2-time show to catch it lol.

Not sure what to think of it.....some interesting looking stuff perhaps.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It's going to suck. The whole new trilogy went to crap when Kylo Ren took his mask off in TFA. Never has a character made such a quick 180 from complete badass to sniveling bitch.

Rey constantly kicks Kylo's ass. There's just no suspense there. She's had pretty much no real struggle to overcome as they made her way too powerful right out the gate. There's been no Empire-like ass-kicking like Vader did to Luke.

Rogue One was by far the best "new" Star Wars movie, and I thought Solo was great as well. Really, I'd just like to see a hard-R Mandalorian film where one of the Fetts roams around the galaxy and John Wicks people. John Wick in Space would be super rad.

cpettit likes this.
  11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I must confess to some disappointment with everything that has come out since Return of the Jedi. I agree that Rogue and Solo were of much better quality, but in spite of all that it's still pretty good entertainment if you don't get all wrapped around the stupid too much. The Hero's Journey can only be rewarmed so many times in the same series.

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

There’s been some cool scenes, that’s for sure.

Everything is forgiven if Rey falls to the Dark Side and destroys everybody. But Disney ain’t about to let that happen.

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Can someone, in the know, please explain the relationship between F-N and Rey? The writers made that issue a little fuzzy with the Asian woman who wanted to bang F-N.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

She's friend-zoned him.....FN likes Rey, Rose like FN, and FN and Poe have some sort of bromance. It's all a big pile of shyt.

I'm hoping there end's up being some kind of Jon Snow/Dany ending between Rey and Kylo......that'd be swell :D

CRA_Fizzer and speedluvn like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2 weeks out from the Hollywood premiere (Dec 16th) and then worldwide release later in the week. The news has not been good to say the least if the leaks are to be believed about this final movie. Some insider sources have said it has the potential to be worse than The Last Jedi...apparently they've gone through 5+ different cuts of the film due to test audiences rage quitting in the middle of the viewing, lol.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can understand leaving early because they are disappointed. Rage? Over Star Wars? They need to hang up the costumes and proceed to the nearest brothel (I am ruling out no more ways to meet a mate as an option).

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

None of that is true.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wait, what? When is the release date?

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The 20th, with early showings on Thursday the 19th.

Edit - I see you said Hollywood premier, I'm sorry, you got one thing right. :D

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've posted here before and will, unfortunately, again. As I sit here in my home office, I can count over 15 SW's books around my desk. I have no issues with anyone calling me a SW's nerd. I am. :) That being said, whether it's an SJW attempt or just an absolute ripping to shreds of the entire Jedi storyline, they've destroyed a life long fan. Maybe Disney doesn't care. Personally, I loved, LOVED, Rogue One, and enjoyed the Solo movie. My family and I await every new episode of the Madalorian (or as I call it, The Baby Yoda Show). This main series though, it's gone. For the first time in my life, I will not be at the opening weekend of the new "Star Wars" movie. I can barely tell you what happened at the last movie beyond Luke sucking some green milk, because it was that much of a waste of my time. Maybe Disney doesn't give a sh*t. We'll probably rent it, once, a year from now. But that's that. Maybe they can make other movies that I'll enjoy and care about. But this crap? Nope.

NemesisR6 likes this.