1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STAR School

Discussion in 'General' started by tigerblade, May 13, 2002.

1. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

Well I'm finally going to be getting some track experience. I'm signed up for Pridmore's STAR school June 3rd in Topeka, KS. Excited and nervous at the same time. Bike should be ready to go, now for the rider. ;)

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Welcome to the track!

Congratulations! Just take your time, relax and breathe. I SAID BREATHE! ;)

Most importantly have fun, don't ride over your head and be a sponge ready to soak up all the knowledge they throw your way. Ask lots of questions and don't be intimidated by anyone. Focus on yourself and don't worry about anyone else.

And make sure you come back and tell us what a great time you had! :cool:

T0M

3. tigerblade

This won't be contagious, will it? ;)

4. Tracy S

Tracy S Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly, it is :D

5. tigerblade

Update

Well, I survived. Had an absolute blast! Jason was actually there (kinda surprised me). He was very cool, explained things well, and never was condescending at all. The other instructors were all great. Richie Alexander pulled me over during the first "free" session and told me what I needed to work on (mostly positioning) and I followed him for a lap to see how early he sets up for the corner. I was getting a little too much lean angle and not using as much track as I should for the exit. He said that I could move to the Advanced group, but I wasn't quite ready and stayed in the Street group to practice technique and smoothness at a little slower pace. (No, I wasn't fastest in the Street group).

Anyway, I wish I could have stayed for the second day. Hopefully I'll be able to next year! :D