1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You're not kidding! Ovi and Smith-Pelly looked like men possessed. I always liked Girardi when he was a Ranger but SP knocked the piss out of him. He had that daze on the bench that said, "what the hell just hit me!"

MachineR1 likes this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He got popped a good one right off that face off, seemed to daze him a little bit. Not sure how both referee's missed it, should have been a penalty.

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I was pretty sure that only the linesmen had whistles, anyways. They let a LOT of sketchy shit go....

4. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Good, let sketchy shit go. It’s the NHL playoffs not soccer. I don’t want to see any lame penalties deciding the outcome for any team.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Can I get an AMEN!!! :cool:

MachineR1 and rd400racer like this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Oh, I agree. All the bullshit "barely touch" tripping and hooking calls need to stop, but the cross-checking fest needs to be dealt with, and the complete lack of call continuity game-to-game needs addressing.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, I expected Vegas in the finals but. . . suck it Tampa, you're not in it. :D

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Caps!!!!!

90kacoupe likes this.
  9. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

GO CAPS!!!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stop using the C word!!! <fingers in my ears and humming>

Vegas is the Dave K lock for the cup. I'm willing to put 20 bucks on it.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dave's been hacked!

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Can’t recall ever pulling for a West team to win the cup. I’ll mark this down and hope it doesn’t happen again.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

True Dave...but your Caps are and you're betting Vegas?
    Congrats to Washington. Let's have a killer-diller Cup!

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

O man, I want Ovechkin to get a cup, but it's hard to root against the story of the Knights.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have done that when they paid 200/1, bigshot. :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I should have done a lot of things in retrospect. Not Selling Apple to buy Harley Davidson stock is one. The Vegas bet is waaaaaaay down on the list, DJ Lance Rock. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I should have put 100 on it when I was out there last.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When was that? That was probably way too late for those crazy odds anyway. I was talking about the early-season bets.

19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I have a gripe with the knights and how they changed the lottery for them since the last expansion. The team is loaded with talent. Im holding out hope for my Caps though.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah - way past the 200:1 but still 20:1 or the like. Just before the playoffs is the last time I looked at it.