1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standup Desks

Discussion in 'General' started by kz2zx, Sep 22, 2017.

1. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

The kind you set on top of your desk, so you can stand up and use it all day.

I have a $350 budget, and do not need a powered version.

What do you use, and why do you like it/wish you could change it?

thanks!

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I used two different kinds at work
    https://www.ergotron.com/en-us/products/product-details/24-312#/?buynow=0
    and
    https://www.ergotron.com/en-us/products/product-details/33-349#/?color=black

The first was by far better. You kept all your desk space when you were seated, and could adjust where it sat on the desk if you wanted more leg room or whatever.
    The second absolutely blew, it destroyed all your desk space. You had to sit back enough that you couldn't even reach the desk, so basically you had the platform on the desk for workspace.

If you can find something like the first in your budget, Id go with that, personally.

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

thanks, Pitt. I'm looking at the TL version by Ergotron - I think the monopole (-A, -S) reviews about not putting weight on the keyboard while typing are convincing me to go for the framed version.

4. Pittenger5

I hated the A, would never recommend it to anyone. I never had a problem putting normal typing weight on the keyboard of the S. There's a way to tighten the spring that holds the whole arm up, I bet people complaining about that didn't bother tightening it.

5. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

At my old office I just had my entire desk raised and got a taller chair. The only thing I didn't like is the chair needed a more adjustable footrest.

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I'd have to give up my desirable cube/L-Desk corner window location. The pedestal on the L-desk can't easily be raised.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That first one is really cool. Does it bolt to the desk?

8. Pittenger5

Yeah, its basically a C clamp around the back of the desk. (least the one I had was)

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So what you're saying is, you're looking for a standup desk that corners low? o_O

Phl218 likes this.
  10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

^ pretty much :)

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I have a varidesk - works fine, but if you're a tall guy (I'm 6'3) they're not exactly perfect.