1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standalone Guitar Game

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I shred at Guitar Hero, but I haven’t had a gaming system in years, and really don’t care to buy one. Isn’t there some kind of setup (preferably with a real guitar) that mimics the game?

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Rocksmith, but its not really a "game" per say. It is, but it isnt. There's quite an extensive library of songs too. If you get it on PC, there are a number of mods and songs that other people have done as well.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Actually learning to play the guitar seems to tick all the boxes here.

ChuckS, badmoon692008 and Yzasserina like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, but I like the idea of playing the songs with accompaniment.

zrx12man likes this.
  5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Put a pair of headphones on, and play the music and then play along. That is 100% of the guitar playing I do.

zrx12man likes this.
  6. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

If only a way could be devised to assemble a small group of people in the same room to accompany one another on different musical instruments. You know, you may just be onto something here...

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I get his point though. I play, but not well enough that I’m welcome on a stage anywhere. I figured there must be a game that “hears” notes and tone and can score your accuracy while you play. I’d try it...

8. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Those darn millennials, right? They'd rather play video games than go play with their friends!

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I keep reliving my 3rd grade music class with 25 recorders playing 250 different notes all at the wrong time and the teacher with her face in her hands. :D

groundhogday, Cawk Star and zrx12man like this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Rocksmith is pretty amazing...

11. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Sounds like you've heard some of my old metal band rehearsals from the 80's!

12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Have rocksmith for the ps3. Still cant play. :D

13. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

Guitar Hero was great. It allowed people without musical talent to "play". Where they dropped the ball was you couldn't get new music. You can only play those 50 songs so many times. The concept is still out there if someone makes new music available.

14. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

Did you ever find the brown note?

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It also introduced a bunch of kids to music they would never have heard without the game.