1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprinter RV???

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ped

ped Banned

it's a bike rack with clothes hung on it for drying.

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We looked very closely at the Itasca and Winnebago brands. They're just not enough interior volume plus storage and water/holding tank capacity sucks and its pretty easy to exceed GVW on them.

We ended up with an Itasca Sunstar 26p model new for $69k. Has a V-10 ford in it. I tow the Lesbaru Outback behind it, drive 65 and get 8.5 to 9 where we have mountains and stuff like that. I have headers and a K&N intake system.

3. STT-Rider

I'll take "people who enjoy modern slavery, feudalism, bondage, chains, debt, lies, and false hope" for $500 Alex.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

tsk tsk tsk :tut:

5. STT-Rider

Come on, tell me that didn't make you smile just a little...

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe just a little

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yep.

RV's are bad ass, honestly, I can't believe you don't have one in your arsenal of vehicles.

FWIW- My RV search began with the Sprinter Diesel variety. I quickly learned that they are VERY expensive to purchase and even more difficult to find used. They don't make much power and good luck pulling anything near 5000#, if pulling a trailer isn't an issue then I suspect you'll be a happy customer. That's only IF, you're content with the mediocre interior most of the ones I've been inside of seem to be styled. They're just not as nicely put together as the Class A's, even the cheaper ones (mine). As far as sleeping arrangements, unless you're alone (or just a pair) you MUST get the floor plan that includes a sleeper over the cab but it seems most I've seen have that area set-up as an entertainment area with the flat screen and extra cabinets.

If I was going that route (Sprinter platform), I'd consider one of these at a minimum> http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121009/carreviews/121009829

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:D