1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sports psychologist (for racing, not the divorce thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given how fucked up you seem to be I'd go with yep, it's pretty likely.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

True, but I never pay 250-350 an hour to complain. More like a rum and coke and dinner and get laid kind of guy

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, you complain all the damn time here. I should charge you.

Phl218 and noles19 like this.
  4. Captain Morgan

LOL, this place is my couch. I got some great bad advice over the years

Gino230 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This

Gino230 likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You're making fun, but there is a very fast rider (whom every one of you knows) in the paddock who has used hypnosis and swears that it had a dramatic effect in making him fast. I'm not saying that's for me, but it has worked for some people.

cBJr likes this.
  7. Gino230

I have avoided talking about this because I don't want to deal with the eventual pan frying that will come along with it- but I have no worries about my skills or abilities when it comes to flying. I am confident that I can do whatever is needed, whenever it is needed. Of course, I do spend my time preparing, studying, and I am humbled often by aviation and flying in general- there is always something to learn and someone to learn from.

The biggest difference to me is that I have spent years flying and taking airplanes to, and past, their limits, and of course that gives a certain confidence- you know where the limit is and respect it, but stepping over it is a known recovery. Hell, even private pilots are stalling the airplane in the first few lessons. That would be like going out and learning to lose the front at your first track day!

@Shocker I have tried this a few ways. At Laguna last year, in Q2 I got so pumped up on music and Red Bull that I overrode the bike and did not go any faster. Now I try to stay calm, loose and trust in the process, focus on small goals like hitting my turn in point in corner x. More riding, any kind, would help. All the minibike tracks are closed around here. PBIR had a fatality and closed permanently. Opa Locka got shut down, too. I have a few guys looking into Parking lots and such.

I am not expecting magic, there is no magic fix. To go faster you must move your eyes faster, move in your brake markers, turn in at the right place, carry good corner speed, and get on the gas. I try to make a plan for each corner and execute it on track. I have lots of notes and some fantastic plans, but I get bogged down in the execution. There's a limit there and the limit is in my head. I'm looking for tools to adjust it.

I did find someone through Ken Hill, so I'll be exploring that and some other avenues as well. And I'll report back, especially after beating @Monsterdood

Or maybe Ill just give up and take drugs like everyone else. (Kidding)

Eight Screws and Monsterdood like this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It sounds like getting and staying in the zone? Do you know what that feels like? You must, you're a highly accomplished person in an extremely demanding profession. Everything clicks on, you're humming, seeing everything, not overly focused, it's coming to you. That is a transportable skill.

It's interesting...I would think that the psychological aspects of how to fly a plane would be more relevant and accessible to you than from a sporting aspect. In the former, you are never permitted to let go, in the latter, oh, the heck with this race, fight for the championship. When you're flying a plane, every landing in the championship.

Maybe the issue within you is how to separate those?

Gino230 likes this.
  9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

On the go kart track?!? When did that happen?

10. Gino230

The first, second, or third time?

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Never heard of any moto related deaths on the go kart track. I know a few car guys died on the big track.

Last I remember, SFL MiniGP wasnt renting out the go kart track on Friday nights because Tony jacked up the rental fees and it wasnt worth renting the go kart track for practice session.

Just make the trip up to Bushnell. Open to bikes every weekend. :D

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

micro-dose 0.250g of pslisybin (Schedule-1 DEA = Fed Prison) 3 days on, one day off.......6 months. Your IQ be higher, ability to assess/reflexes quicker. Can see things unfold before they do....almost like you now have ESP. Improved vision and contrast.
    Add Dr prescribed low dose TRT test-cypinate to add controlled aggression/confidence. Dr prescribed Low IU HGH to mend all your tiny/big injuries, reverse the aging process.

When you crash and compound fracture your femur, inject Increlex IGF-1, so it heals 10x as fast as standard human.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Gino230 likes this.
  13. Captain Morgan

Smell what you are stepping in. Spent some time in Bali and the Gili Islands with lots of shakes.. Came out good, bad, questionable and everything in between. Got to love mushrooms

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

There is someone to help with this in the way of Jenni Schierman. She was a presence in the AMA paddock for several years. She now has a business called JS Coaching. https://www.jscoaching27.com/
    She also has a YouTube channel under JS Coaching you can check out to see if this meets your needs.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Passed my commercial single check ride today. Examiner said it was a really strong check ride.

huge relief. Multi will be fun and onto CFI

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

as much as it's true that it works as described, i'd advise against substance abuse, even though minimal, for a pilot and racer.

Gino230 and SpeedyE like this.
  17. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Im just bored/goofing around :D;):Putter:
    The mushroom info came from a bunch of Joe Rogan podcasts. He says micro-dosing is all the rage in silicon valley and wall street, and says his MMA fighter friend can see opponents doing things, before they do them.
    I dont personally do drugs, i dont even drink (maybe 1x a yr will drink 2 beers)
    :)

Gino230 likes this.
  18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Is he using hypnosis or visualization techniques?

I’d imagine every racer uses visualization as part of their training routine.

19. Gino230

No, not visualization. I do mean hypnosis!