1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spirit Airlines

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Flew my kids unaccompanied minor for years with Spirit without a single issue. Not sure if things have changed as that was from 06-10.

2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Just got back from Clearwater on Monday. Ohare to Tampa $60 round trip plus $49 after taxes to rent a Jeep wrangler for 3 days. Had a blast. No issues whats so ever.

acorn27 likes this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

How'd you get a Jeep that cheap?

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:stupid: ???

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Florida rentals are pretty cheap in general during non-peak times. and well it's flori-duh

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Spend the extra 25$ and fly southwest imo, nothing but headaches, crazy passengers, and hidden fees

BigBird likes this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I wouldn’t fly Spirit again if it was free. Gave them three chances, burned every time. Fees everywhere, nasty ass seats, nasty traveling ‘companions’, and the amount of cancellations is unreal. Best yet, the attitude after the last minute cancel is ‘go fuck yourself’.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Spirit charges you for gas.

No fucking shit, the "base" ticket doesn't include gas money.

I'm not making this up.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Ass, gas or grass. No one rides for free.

418, TurboBlew, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

As true today as is was 50 years ago. :D

R Acree likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, I just could not stop laughing at this! Thank you for some humor in these days! :crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know that there isn't an airline that doesn't charge you for gas, right? :D

But I understand that it must feel particularly offensive to see it printed on your bill. I totally get that.

ronin1052 and SuddenBraking like this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

We’ve taken some decent United flights to Ft Meyers to get to Marco Island last year. But the more I flew, the more Id just load up the truck and drive.

Photo likes this.
  14. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Actually did that. Avoided Spirit based on the feedback here, booked ORD-MCO with American but then cancelled and booked MKE-Tampa with Southwest instead. That got me a better schedule and closer to departure/arrival locale.

Sure funny to read the Spirit “love” here lol

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  15. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

flown spirit a few times, seats are uncomfortable and they do charge for everything, but to save money i dont care...and ive never had any late or cancelled flights. now i flew with jetblue last time and if the price between the 2 is remotely close, i would choose jet blue, most comfortable i have been on a plane. definitely more leg room. nicer plane, simply a better experience.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Customers hate them for all of the above reasons. They are as safe an operation as any though, I know a bunch of their pilots and they are all good guys.

My wife and I fly Allegiant once a year or so to visit relatives, they happen to have a very convenient flight. All of the same problems as Spirit. You just have to know what you're getting into and accept that you are getting what you paid for. It's wild to see people losing their minds about the baggage charges, etc. If you read what they send you, you know what to expect. The last time we added up all of the seat fees, carry on fees, checked bag fee, it was cheaper to fly Air Canada!

One of the dirty secrets of the airline world is that ticket taxes are not applied to non essential items- so the airline decreases their tax bill significantly by selling the ticket cheap and charging you for add ons. The politicians that are passing these 'Passenger bill of rights' laws couldn't care less about you having to pay, they want their share!

BigBird likes this.
  17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Chuck G from Westby Racing just took a Spirit flight... lol...
    From what he posted... he learned his lesson to never fly with them again.

BigBird likes this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Through expedia. Used Thrifty car rental.

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Flew Spirit a bunch from ATL to Baltimore. As long as you pack accordingly and match your expectation to the price you pay, they get you where you need to get.

ronin1052 and G2G like this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs