1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spectating at Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken,but thought I had seen that Roebling is a non spectator track? Hoping I'm wrong as I thought about watching Sunday on my way home from Daytona.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Go in the tower @Mongo or find an RV with a platform

T3 is where a lot of people like to watch
    For some reason

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Jeff McKinney

I should have worded it differently.I meant spectators aren't allowed? But thanks for those suggestions.

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That'd be insane if they didn't allow spectators. I've never ever heard of any racing of any type not allow spectators

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

There is a technical legal distinction between "spectator" and "non-spectator" tracks. IIRC, it's something about the insurance.

Mongo probably can explain the differences.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Never heard of that

7. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Unless anything has changed as long as you pay the gate fee and get a wristband you are free to move about the infield. We used to have friends and family come to Roebling all the time.

The main track entry is across the front straight so keep that in mind. They used to do a couple track crossings during the day so don't expect to be able to come and go as you please while the track is hot.

Turn 4 is also a good spectator spot and it's close to the bathrooms and concession stand.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be fine. There is an insurance difference in the two terms and we're (us and the tracks) limited to a certain number of friends/family/crew per rider. A total we'll never hit at our normal races :D

9. Jeff McKinney

Thanks everyone,and i wish WERA did have that problem Sean.Looking forward to sunday.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

There use to be some bleachers at turn 4,and 5 if I remember correctly.Been a long time,but a nice long walk to turn 9,and get as close to the fence was also a fast hot spot.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

There is a wood deck over there for better view now.

Phl218 and ToofPic like this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes forgot about that...

Shenanigans likes this.