1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Arrestor for an enduro

Discussion in 'General' started by f4idrew, Sep 3, 2010.

1. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

We are a dealer, I'll get you pricing.

3. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Thanks for the awesome service Kelly!

Highly recommended as you went out of your way to call promoto and have them drop ship so I had them in time. :rock:

4. TrackStar

No problem!

5. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

The Michaux enduro? you can get away with using a cotterpin there, just so long as their stick bottoms on something your good to go. BTW Three Mile Trail DOES eventually end, and it actually is only 3 miles long, you`ll know what i`m sayin sunday nite.

6. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Somebody else doing Michaux? Pete Friedman and I are going as well. I think we are on row #31 or so. My bike is *almost* ready. :)

What bike ya using? I just put on a new exhaust system. For the past year and a half I've been running a stock KTM hockeystick with no issues.

Keener

7. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

If you`ve never done it be ready for some rocks. I`m not sure of the course this year since I`m not riding off road right now. Probably will only be 60/70 miles but it`s a tough 60/70 miles. I live in the northern outskirts of michaux and MTB there 3/4 times a week and trail conditions are good right now, if we get a little rain this week they will be prime.

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I ran it last year and did well in my class. It was my first time there. Tighter than Tasker's Gap where I normally ride....but still a fun ride. And yeah....I finished. :)

What kinda tire you recommend for it? I was torn between a trials tire and a mud tire with 8 psi (tubliss). My thought was that the trials tire is awesome on the rocks...but I remember a fast section where side grip would have been nice.

9. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Nutech tubliss rule, I used them with Bridgestone 403/404. I also like the Michelin S12`s here believe it or not, they still hook up even after the edges are gone.

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

OK. I have a new dunlop rear I might use with the tubliss. Hmmmm...decisions decisions...

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

S12's + Tubliss = :rock:

12. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

So what pressure are folks running their tubliss at? Just wondering....cause I might see a few rocks this weekend. :)

13. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

10 psi if it`s fast & rocky, but most of the time 8 psi. & that`s with a 19" rear.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Between 7-9 for wet/muddy. 10-12 for dry. I did however do a 40 mi XC race on a completely flat front. It was fine.

15. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Never done one of these, although i have trail ridden a bunch in PA. Looks like rain too. This should be pretty interesting.

Got the spark arrestors today! Thanks again.

16. TrackStar

Good deal! The Tubliss deal is awesome as well. It took us a while to get guys to use them but after we had a couple of guys on them we couldnt keep them in stock!

17. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Wow!! 450 + MX suspension+no bark busters= brutal. Whole new respect for that sport.

Finished though!... and think I had a blast.. Thanks do mudawg for the pedialyte and nice meeting you guys.

18. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

*soooo* glad i talked you out of making this my first ever Dirt bike attempt

19. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Were you on the Yamaha, I think i saw you. I was one of the three mountain bikers @ about the 8.3 mile marker in the 2nd 1/2. just before the mud hole.

20. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Nah.. that was my buddy, #472 ( he busted his water pump housing shortly after that). I was a few minutes behind on a black honda. Remember seeing you guys. Good spot to watch!