1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX

Discussion in 'General' started by Chasbro, Sep 28, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Launch scrubbed due to weather..... DOH!

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thank you!

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Dang, so it goes with launches! Had a few million people watching the streams. Pretty cool.

Saturday 3:22pm eastern.

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yeah, scrubbed. Bummer.... Perhaps now i'll have a chance to head up to Titusville to catch it live this weekend :D. I couldn't help but chuckle every time they referred to them as "Bob and Doug" and my mind kept putting in "McKenzie. :crackup:Get Me A Space Beer, Ya Hoser!:crackup:

Scott S. and OGs750 like this.
  6. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

Trump's already gone. Just heard Airforce One haul ass

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

So, is it worth trying to talk the wife into driving down to FL to see if we can watch this thing fly?

I mean, my weekend did get freed up.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I think they said 40% chance of being canceled on Saturday but that’ll change as we get closer and weather prediction gets more accurate

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I saw a couple shuttle launches (from a distance) in the mid 90s...definitely something you should see once if you get a chance.

10. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Head on down and you can with me and Kevin at the Compound. WE will just turn the chairs from the TV in the garage to look east.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'll be completely honest...........I've lived here for decades and have seen shuttle launches up close, but if they had this kind of streaming coverage back then with multi-cameras, telemetry, voice-com, etc. back then I probably would have never gone.

Between the heat, bugs, traffic coming AND going, and dealing with the possibility it could get nixed at the last second, watching in full HD from every conceivable angle trumps feeling the ground kind of rumble for a few seconds and then losing the rocket in the clouds.

12. stickboy274

We live in SC, so we have heat and bugs anyway. As close as we are, I've never gone to watch. I think it would be fun, but I don't know where to go. I have a small van, so it's easy to drive and I can sleep in it while I wait.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Pimping in a van ain't easy.

14. stickboy274

But it sure is fun

15. auminer

We've seen it...

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. and stickboy274 like this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I would love to come up on freq and meow or say onnnn Guuuuuuaaaaaarrrrrrddddddd....:D

Ok no I wouldnt but someone would.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

..But its necessary...so Stick chasing racers...like tom chases jerry...

auminer likes this.
  18. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Just how close can you get to observe the launch these days?
    I grew up with the space program and saw every manned launch beginning with Mercury on TV.
    It's a bucket list thing now, may head over from Pensacola.

19. auminer

Whatever....

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Come to Barber and just look South!

stickboy274 likes this.