1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX

Discussion in 'General' started by flyboy, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Another successful launch today. I got home from work just in time to watch it @ 615am. 3 satellites went up today in fairing 2.0, one being a customer satellite and the other 2 are the first demo satellites for starlink. We didn’t recover this booster, I believe it was a block 3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink_(satellite_constellation)

2. Trajectory, the curve should be a gravity turn to break through the atmosphere.

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm on East coast, so I had it easy. Had it up on the TV to watch, as usual. Nice routine launch.

Too bad Mr Steven missed this time, but seems like they just about have the fairing recovery figured out.

And a good milestone with Tintin!

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I sure hope that Mr. Musk is never embroiled in some kinda scandal.

Cause you just know that Elongate would just be very drawn-out...

5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Didn't recover by choice or it failed to recover?

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

What does block 3 indicate?

7. By choice. We are actually running out of room for boosters and the block 3 boosters need to be phased out.

8. motion likes this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

crashman, HPPT and Banditracer like this.
  10. Nah. Just a low skill peon. :D

I love my job. Since I started working here the least amount of hours I’ve worked over a 2 week period was 134 and that’s because I missed a 16 hour day @ jury duty. A lot of trash and floors need to be swept. :crackup:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    panthercity and crashman like this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don’t know whether to groan or just ignore this like everyone else. :D

auminer likes this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So conscious littering?

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Normal tire pressure is about 35 psig which is 50 psia...therefore in space the the pressure would be 50 psi...no big deal.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey acronym boy.....or should I say rocketman......those of us not involved in the program would like you to consider spelling out acronym's so we can continue on our way merrily.

Plus, fill up you truck, at least when I ran out a month ago, my excuse is Natural Gas stations aren't on every corner.

15. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Dragon - spacecraft that has been used to make cargo deliveries to the ISS. Planning on doing crewed missions soon.

BFR - Uh... Big *Falcon* Rocket. Next-generation ship currently in development. A LOT bigger than Falcon 9, and is supposed to really shake things up.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!

17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I'm bored. These night launches with no recovery are not cutting it. Do something cool.

Edit: Where is that missed center section landing video Mr Musk promised us. At least show us what it looks like when something hits the water at 300 mph and blows the engines off a drone ship a football field away

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Just type it on the beeb and your requests will sorta be answered. SpaceX released a video recap of the FH launch and there is a 2 second clip of the center section "not landing" on the ship. Closer than I thought Musk said it missed by and much less impressive than I was hoping for. Oh well, now get to work launching a car to Uranus

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I just saw a news report that the last launch tore a 560 mile hole in the ionosphere. It was said that it repaired itself in 3 hours.

Explain.

20. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

No.

:Poke:

Next launch - planned for tomorrow morning at 10:13 EDT. Another Iridium set out of Vandenberg.