1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southport NC?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sprinky, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips so far. Since it’s a short trip we’ll probably stick around the Southport area. We live in Madison WI and travel to Chicago and Milwaukee quite a bit so neither of us feel the need to do the “city life” thing except for the restaurants. I’m thinking that Sunday is going to be a pretty laid back day since I’m sure we’ll be nursing some foggy heads. A beach bike cruise might help that situation, or a kayak rental. I may check into renting a boat, I miss being out on the water after my parents sold their Lake Michigan boat.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Trying to get in & out of town in the peak season is a bitch. That's why if I got to go there it's early in the morning or late at night

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you feel like it {I don't like the woman who owns the company}you can head to the Airport and take a helicopter ride around the area.

4. kruzindoubledub

kruzindoubledub Well-Known Member

Take the ferry over to baldhead island

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, $25 per person. Then you have to rent a golf cart or bicycle. On top of that the entire island got crushed during the hurricane.
    Good choice.