1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

source for 10mm sparkplug indexing washers??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Harp, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

My CBR600RR motor is squeezed down pretty tight. I've been running surface discharge plugs, but I've been told they may be robbing my motor of some HP. So...I've picked up some standard-style plugs that I want to use but will need to set the depth of the plug using indexing washers.

Problem is I can't find any 10mm indexing washers...lots of 14mm out there. Anyone have a lead on some?

Thanks.

2. mcengr

mcengr Well-Known Member

3. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Plugs are made in different lengths.... The colder the plug the shorter it is.

4. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Thanks...can I order directly from Sudco or do I need to find a dealer?

I'm going with Denso IU31A, which is at the cold end of their lineup. I don't have them in hand yet, so haven't measured them in comparison to the surface discharge plugs I've been using (NGK R0045J-10).

5. mcengr

mcengr Well-Known Member

They don't sell direct. You should be able to find a local dealer. If you can't find any local help PM me.

6. RZYZF

RZYZF Member

This may be some help. My 05 gsxr 600 with 13.5 pistons was closing the spark plugs gaps. I miked the spark plug washer. Then turned some alum. stock to the ID and OD and added .020 to the thickness of the alum. Then I took one plug ,marked the direction of the electrode on the socket and the extention. Turn the plug down till it stops and mark the direction it's pointing on some paper, use the same plug for all holes, noting the directions. On my head same plug =same direction all holes. Every spark plug hole thread in my head all started in the same place. I checked the other spark plugs and found that two more pointed in the same direction and the others that I had pointed in other directions. This does not matter unless you want them all pointing in the same direction. Mark down where the plugs You have point, and remember that every .010 in thickness is app. one quater of a turn. CR8-CR 9-CR10,NGK's. All the same length!

7. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Lies, All lies!!!

The number on the plug...as is cr9ek or dr8ea is the heat range of the plug. This has absolutely nothing to do with the length of the plug!