1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds like the Aprilia RS660 is happening

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Mar 27, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Only if they purposely burn oil....

Sweatypants likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They all do!

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its nearly here... should be at EICMA in Milan next month. I'm hoping to duck in there for a few hours since I'll be over there riding. Aprilia USA is posting about it: https://www.facebook.com/ApriliaUSA

5axis, WANABE RACER, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Chris Parrish to factory Aprilia twins cup.

5. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I've always wondered this. I suspect all the SVX owners griping about reliability either never read the owner's manual or had never manintained an actual racing motor.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

It's a highly tuned engine from the factory without a doubt but the build/quality issues with the engines coming out from the factory really didn't help. From failing engine sealant to stator bolts backing out (to name a few) there was no reliability with the earlier generation motors

zrx12man likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The 550 was garbage and anybody who says otherwise never owned one for more than 1500 miles.

That being said, Aprilia is still the finest brand on the planet. /story

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Hey screw you man, mine was awesome for the 34 miles it ran before the motor popped!

ducnut and Fonda Dix like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yup, greatest 4.5 laps I ever took.

:D

10. shakazulu12

I think mine blew up sitting on the stands because I looked at it funny.

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

wasn't able to destroy any of the rotax engines in my young riding years.

and ended up buying a 2007 tuono last friday for next to nothing.
    polish up that turd and buy the 660 next year...

cpettit and ducnut like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If the 550 would’ve been detuned and put into a proper ADV chassis, it would’ve been a dream bike for me. Highland were the closest to building that, if not for unfortunate circumstances. :(

13. shakazulu12

Knowing what I know now, I would buy one if parts weren't an issue. I got to chat with Amauri Nunez and I forget the other gentlemen on the east coast, Noland something and they had figured out how to make them viable motors by that point. I was just over the experience by that point and made more parting it out than I paid for the bike. I don't think SXV's are really reflective of what Aprilia is capable of from their engines though. They just released a high strung race motor to the public, and did a poor job informing people that's what they were buying in to.

5axis, Phl218, Dave_SV and 1 other person like this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Same with all the idiot SX-wannabes who bought CRF450’s and promptly destroyed the topends, because their TV heroes put them on the red limiter and they think that’s how one should ride a bike. We used to keep complete topends on the shelf, where I worked.

15. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Allen Noland, he rebuilt my SXV 450 engine but I think I bought the last 450 crank for sale, anywhere. I have my old crank and am looking to see if it can be rebuilt, need to send it off to Millennium and see what they say.

16. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

To be unveiled at EICMA on 11/5

17. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Comparing this bike to the SVX is like apples to oranges.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Class killer unless specifically written out of rules.