1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something differnt for sv bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WANABE RACER, Jul 3, 2016.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

@Sweatypants So 2 1/2 years later, how did those Motoforza fairings work out?

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

well... haven't ridden the damn thing yet as apparent in my CR500 thread update, BUT...

dealing with and shipping from Motoforza was painless and quick. they seem to fit up pretty nicely. i only need to trim off that top corner of the side fairing near the tank (to make it flow with the lines of the frame). the seat where it meets the tank was trimmed a little more to fit better and angled down in the front a little more for the final position compared to this picture. i think i'm gonna trim off those little side fins on the seat fairing too. seems like pretty nice stuff, i might order another set at some point.

2197152381396262420.jpg

track wagon and TurboBlew like this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Looks good. It appears they will be getting some money from me.

4. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

F44D7C84-A27F-48EA-AC0D-9DE6B13533F3.jpeg F3670CAA-6D22-4B9B-BF01-6A186BBB81FC.jpeg 61F30ADE-0BA9-4A2D-B449-F3A52F01D534.jpeg recently placed a order with Bbplastics

G2G, TLR67 and noles19 like this.
  5. Sweatypants

wtf.... how did you get anyone to respond to an email? i wanted that kit so bad

6. WANABE RACER

Messaged on Facebook!

Sweatypants likes this.
  7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm fitting the bodywork to an SV1000. The Motoforza stuff specifically lists the SV1000 but bbplastics does not. I'm still waiting to hear back from both of them. Those bb fairings look pretty sweet.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  9. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

10. WANABE RACER

I will let you know in about 2 weeks!

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

So far my experience has been the same as Sweaty's. Motoforza got right back to me. Still haven't heard from bbplastics and I did reluctantly log into FB for them.

12. WANABE RACER

I guess I got lucky lol

13. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

Was just on the BB website, is that the SV650 " M2 " kit that you have ? What does the kit include ? How easy was it to fit on the 2nd gen SV650 - have to fab much ? OEM SV 650 fairing stay ? OEM subframe ?

Yours looks pretty sharp.

14. WANABE RACER

It is the m2 kit.
    Kit includes upper, lower, tail and fender. I opted for rear subframe, fairing stay, mounting kit. Screen and seat pad.
    Biggest thing is that you have to locate battery and etc from rear to the front. Most everything else is straight forward.

15. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

What did it end up costing you, shipping and all, in US dollars ?

16. WANABE RACER

1200 Give or take

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I wanna see how this project looks finished :)

18. Sweatypants

me too... 17 months and counting.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

well.....

[​IMG]

TLR67 likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

i think the 2 year anniversary is gonna be that date perhaps. i've been considering looting the unversal parts off this thing for something else and immediately selling the Hall motor as soon as/if it ever comes back to me out of resentment and anger, and just starting another bike for after the Vdue one. i don't wanna be emotional and rash, but also i'm getting bitter.

Rotax 256 tandem motor in a RS125 chassis is a cute bike. i dunno, this subject makes me angry even typing about it.