1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something differnt for sv bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WANABE RACER, Jul 3, 2016.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Still best looking sv I seen. Never knew exactly what bodywork this was

2. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I just picked up an upper and lower sharkskinz Ducati 999/749 fairing. I think I can get it to work with some trimming of the fairings. Biggest issue is the upper fairing stay. Need to somehow figure that one out.

3. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

Honda NSR250R According to the Racing Motorcycle book it has the lowest coefficient of friction than any other bike...

WANABE RACER likes this.
  4. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

Well, Where does the SV650 fairing stay fits on those Ducati fairings? I remember seeing an SV with 999 fairings... However owner mention he ended up installing a smaller radiator on his SV650 for better fitment...

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you sponsored by these guys or deal with them often? i sent them an email asking a few questions like 3 days ago and never got a reply. not inclined to try and phone the UK really, so i dunno what to do about that but i'd like to order some fairings at some point here.

6. WANABE RACER

I tried several times about 4 months ago. No luck either.

7. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Trev at Flexi-Glass had made a complete set of Desmosedici bodywork for the SV650 last time I was at his shop a couple years ago. It looked pretty sweet, and I bet he still has the molds.

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

9. Sweatypants

yea i really want em'. but they now havent responded to 2 emails. i just have 2 easy questions for them to make $800... you'd figure they'd answer an email for that money.

10. geoff--9

geoff--9 Well-Known Member

My 02 sv650
    Street and track bodyworks

WANABE RACER likes this.
  11. WANABE RACER

Looks nice

12. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Who's bike is this?

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Tim,

It's An SV I had a couple years ago.

14. Sweatypants

What a mess trying to get something kinda cool here. Still nothing from BB Plastics, I give up. Found some dude in the UK selling some totally awesome looking Spondon Ducati cafe racer fairings WITH a custom aluminum tank I coulda chopped up for my supersingle, but then that fell thru cause of his health problems. Ended up going with this guy... something different and they were quick to respond and helpful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With this tail...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should work out quite nicely i hope.

rcarson15 and WANABE RACER like this.
  15. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

That is a nice tail. Custom subframe I'm sure.

16. Sweatypants

figured it would flow nicely enough. not so into that CBR1k'ish one that they sell with the upper/lower package. pretty much the whole bike is a custom franken-job at this point, so yea... i'll figure it out. yz450f subframe was already hacked a little and braced, i'll just hack it up a little more and change the mounting locations for this one.

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

who is the US distributor for MotoForza fairings?

18. Sweatypants

dunno. just ordered straight off their website. exchange rate is bangin right now for anything euros, so why bother looking for US distro. i emailed a question, got a response the next day in english. shipping is like $150 or something. fairings, seat, shield, dzus fasteners, seat pad was like $700 shipped. we'll see how the quality is.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Reminds me a bit of the ilmor motogp bike

20. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Who's doing custom subframes for SV's now? I have a superbike tail from a GSXR 1k (2011) I'd like to use on my 2nd gen.