1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sologamy is a thing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, May 22, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Alcohol tends to cloud ones discernment. There are a lot of drunks out there.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I've never drank that much.

Fortunately for me, Sarah has. ;)

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Doubt it. Overpopulation is not the issue. Any population as it becomes more evolved intellectually and technologically, its "marriage" and birthrate start to dwindle. The 3rd world doesn't seem to have any issue with breeding whether they are overpopulated or not. We also live in a welfare system where women are not encouraged or incentivized to form and more importantly KEEP intact families. If anything women are incentivized to self-destruct their families if they know they will get a payoff and family court and that big daddy government will become the surrogate father.

When you live in an environment where everything is available to you without much effort other than pulling out your credit card then this is the effect of that cause as you said. There's no need to have a husband to provide and protect for you, and there's no need to have kids to work in the fields on the farm when you're living in a 1 bdrm studio with your cherished cat :D

Fencer likes this.
  4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

"Self-marriage or sologamy is marriage by a person to oneself. It is known as a commitment that values self-love, and self-compassion. Supporters of the practice argue that it leads to a happier life."

"Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes. The term originated from Greek ."

I think we are splitting hairs here with the definitions....

I bet my ex is sologamous

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Choose sologyamy, because it sounds better than "no one else can tolerate your sorry a$$."

Fencer and stk0308 like this.
  6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Of course the worst thing that could happen is if she gets into an argument with herself, and loses. :eek:

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What happens when a wife gets into an argument...with herself? That is a math problem that can never be solved, since no wife in the history of all time has ever lost an argument in their mind.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wives don't argue with themselves. If they don't like something, then you obviously did it.

brex likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She gives herself the silent treatment and makes herself sleep on the couch.
    And no masturbating.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is the make-up sex great?

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hopefully she'll never have to take out a restraining order...

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You ever watch Big Bang? It is not creative just descriptive, I work with them. Point being there are Howard's out there that would do the Triggly sober.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just wait until they perfect VR sex and/or sexbots. It'll be the end of western civilization within 50 years.

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Yeah, but we'll all die cummin. :Poke:

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Because they can attract a guy doesn't mean much these days. In the recent past things played out a little more evenly. Nowadays I think the 80/20 rule is starting to take effect again. If you're not familiar with what that is.... https://therationalmale.com/tag/8020-rule/

And if you don't believe that, history actually bears it out. Before the modern era ~80% of women reproduced whilst only about 40% of men did. This imbalance is partially what led to marriage being conceived.
    https://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.co...p=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=2

"Most men who ever lived did not have descendants who are alive today. Their lines were dead ends."

Kinda makes you think about that whole "leaving behind a legacy" business ehh?

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Wollowitz coefficient = neediness X dress size ^2

sheepofblue likes this.
  18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Yeah, but he didn't. Howard bagged Bernadette. I would be ok with being Howard.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Howard in the real world would still be living with his mom and banging Stuart...

20. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member