1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Media Pitchforks over Day Without Immigrants

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That brings up a question. I know that when a child is born in this country he/she is assigned a SSN immediately that is connected to their birth certificate. Can an illegal immigrant be assigned a SSN legally or do they still have to "buy" a SSN from some illegal source? I'm assuming that a legal immigrant, having gone through the process, will be issued a SSN upon making the final pledge at the end of their legal proceedings. How does it work now?

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I think I found the answer. According to AARP a person can get one of three SS cards as long as that person is here legally. The first one is what most of us have (legal citizens) which is a card that allows us to work freely. The second type of card is one that is issued to legal immigrants that allows them to work as long as Homeland Security authorizes it. Third is one that is used only as ID for certain activities that require a SSN. Undocumented individuals in this country cannot get a SSN legally from what I saw.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now that you've published your SSN on this website many others may also be using your SSN, stealing your identity, and living in your house while you're on vacation. Ask Mongo to delete that number.
    Is that your real number?:)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't get one at birth, your parents have to go apply just like everyone else.

You can legally get one as a non citizen I believe. It's got nothing to do with citizenship, it's all about the pyramid scheme and nothing else.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you read the number?

kangasj and Lawn Dart like this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you fucking serious?

kangasj likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pretty damned close to birth. My parents got mine when I got my first job at 13. We had to get my daughter's cards shortly after she was born, a matter of just a few weeks.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can get it at any time you like, doesn't have much to do with birth other than the person getting it needs to exist :D There's no time requirement by SS - that's got nothing to do of course with the IRS wanting it or insurance or the like.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My old roommate got a social security number with just an O-1 work visa

shoot I think the band crew guys with 0-2's even had SS #'s now that I think of it

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's been 23 years, so I don't know which entity was pushing the agenda. No it wasn't SS, so it was either the IRS for us to claim the dependent or our insurance carrier. I suppose if I had been willing to forgo either of those I could have messed up her identity as bad as those other folks did their daughter. Personally, I couldn't see that as a net benefit to me.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree you may as well do it quickly, just talking about the requirements with regard to birth.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

After 36 hours in the maternity wing with no sleep, it sure as hell sounded mandatory.:D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And with the first kid everything they tell you to do sounds mandatory too - that's why second kids and further down the line are easier :D

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

they use full on threats and coercion these days and CPS is well known for kidnapping newborns now too from those who refuse for cause. FWIW the word "child" is a tricky one, son or daughter is not so much.

BC only has mothers maiden name BTW

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait... Did that protest day off thing already happen?

Shit, I missed it while I was working...

crashman likes this.
  16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I swear I didn't get mine until I was 11 or 12. I still have my original SS card from then... My handwriting is way different. How will kids sign their cards if they don't learn cursive anymore?

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Take a selfie with it and post it on the facepages.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They try that crap just as some people claim you have to do some things because it is the law (when it is not). Dad did not make me Jr (THANKS Dad :beer:) when I was born. They claimed he had to but he wrote what he wanted on the birth certificate. Guess who was right so far :rtfrb:

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

No shit. It's pretty simple. I find it interesting that a lot of the people that whine about raising the minimum wage also support the open borders. Hey assholes, quit dumping people into the low cost wage pool and maybe the laws of supply and demand will raise the wages for dumb fucks.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:That's all I have to say. I'm going to live on the edge and put mine out there too. It is 987-65-4321.