1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So why not run endurance on Friday?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gumby647, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Seems like it would help with your qualifying dilemma and also be easier on teams or individuals who are only doing endurance or only sprints. Make friday morning practice endurance only; 3 30min sessions LW, MW HW, and one 30 min combined session. Then race.

Sat would have practice in the morning qualifying in the afternoon. this will open up more time to do qualifying for more classes when the time comes.

Sun one round of practice then race. Make the races longer 15-20 laps, if you are really wanting to prep peeps for AMA that is.

My Buck-O-5

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Endurance teams don't deserve the opportunity of a practice day or to work if that's their choice?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also if I get totally rid of the practice day as you propose then I'll have 90% of the riders wanting us to have one on Thursdays.

4. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Promotor practice on thursday?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What promoter? We're it and we can't afford it.

6. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Guess there is no Thursday practice then unless someone like Corner Speed, NESBA whatever puts one on.

I really don't think you are hurting the endurance peeps that bad they should get about the same amount of track time as they would with a Fri practice qualifying combo.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even close - I can start Friday 30 minutes early and run 30 minutes later than our current schedule and that way it'll only cost me a total of 30 minutes of the normal Friday practice to run qualifying. If I run the Endurance on Friday how do I get the Endurance teams an entire day and morning of practice before their race?

8. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You got me I forgot to add in the Sat morning practice time. But with the extra hour on Friday it's still pretty close.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't get it - how is it pretty close if I do as you say and run the Endurance on Friday?

10. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Ok, currently

Fri= 5 15 min sessions = 1:15

Sat = 2 15 min sessions plus 30 min = 1:00

In my plan you have 3 hrs 8:00 - 11:00 to run practice for a max of three groups. If you run a 1 hour combined session and 2 rounds of 20min sessions by displacement each class would get 1:40. I think that is pretty close.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like 10 @ 15 min on Friday since most teams will have each rider buying their own round of practice (or two for the team - some even more if they have more bikes).

Also just cuz - 100 minutes is nothing like 135 minutes just using your examples.

Anyway, it's still not an option - but seriously I do appreciate the thinking and ideas.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Also, you would love revenue because half the teams would disband because they have to make a living on Friday.

13. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

How did you know I love revenue?:Poke:

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

whoops. typo. i meant lose revenue.

although i LOVE revenue too.

15. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

:wow:

WERA allready owns all my sick and vacation time, not sure if my company would go for the unpaid days idea...