1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's gotten furloughed?

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Apr 3, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I always thought furlough meant free pass for soldiers to head into town to get some booze and poonani.

2. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Different for each person in my family.

My work is still going. Combustion systems for Steel, Glass, paper, ect industry. We've had a lot of work postponed or canceled, but have other work getting bumped up. Think a lot of places are going to do a maintenance shutdown with the virus going on and want replacement parts ASAP. All the office workers got sent home to work so the shop guys have less exposure.

Mom works as a structural/civil engineer. Working from home, but still busy. People still building apartments out of any dilapidated building they can get their hands on.

Dad's machine shop is drying up. No new orders coming in. Have a few jobs for some power plants and cranes. Going from 6x10 to 4x7 just to keep guys out of trouble really. Going to try and get a bunch of machine maintenance done.

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I am working from home going on week two. So far it’s business as usual but a little chaotic due to the job I was assigned when I went home. Working remotely through our Tampa and Dallas offices on a bridge design build project. I probably will have to work this weekend on it.

However this week we were informed due to clients not paying the bills to us and other situations related to this virus affecting our companies bottom line we are no longer getting our company 401k match. Suspended until further notice. That one right there sucks on top of all the money I had already lost due to the market crashing.

I’m afraid this will all get way worse before better.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've been seeing a few of the one van bands out there on the road servicing clients. I don't want to be the vector that spreads this thing all over DFW. The poop peeps already practice good disinfection because, well, poop. Only change for us is not petting the pups. Most of the customers are keeping them inside the house lately anyway.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

YamahaRick, GRH and Montoya like this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Calm down, snitches. She gets a free pass for this useful post.

Slider82, YamahaRick and Montoya like this.
  7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

On my second week of sitting home (no pay). Auto tier 2 supplier so, with the auto companies not pulling any inventory, no need to make any more.

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Make sure all new customers have a dog and toilet paper in the house.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you saying people PM you for double posts?

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't know man, can you hang? This was our party last weekend. You know it's getting there when the rifle comes out. Of course we kept it all outside, one fathom apart:D

[​IMG]image posting site

roy826ex and Steeltoe like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Skinny stoned guy is touching his face. Don't he know that's dangerous??!!

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Self employed bike shop owner and with a hint of spring I'm actually getting some work in but we need some heat and sunshine to really bring people to life. Right now it's 40 degrees and raining sideways. Hoping all the layoffs / shut downs won't hurt me too much, people will still want to get out and ride.
    Wife's still working, she handles shipping and a bunch of different things in the office for a small manufacturer. They shut the plant down but had product ahead so she's still shipping but their customers are starting to cancel / postpone orders so she's not sure how much longer she'll be needed.

And she has to take some time off next week to go bring my daughter that gave us the scare back here from Cleveland. Have to move her back here, she can't live alone after this last episode.

scottn likes this.
  13. rd400racer

He's a pilot...what can I say. I think he was doing a face palm when he saw my wife grab the rifle

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Glad to see the dog's getting some luvin. :D :clap:

rd400racer likes this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No, they usually reply to the offending post with a link to the original tagged @Johnny B

motion likes this.
  16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly we share a parent company (TXT). We were told several weeks ago we would get to take 4 weeks of furlough. They were clear that part of it was because of the virus and part was because of the expected downturn. It varies across the business unit as to how the 4 weeks are taken. I can do it in one week intervals and have to have it completed by the end of May. My coworker and I are basically alternating weeks. I have enough vacation to cover it so I'm actually looking forward to forced vacation and I'm hoping to get some projects taken care of at home. I'm just hoping they don't add onto the 4 weeks later, or worse, have layoffs.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Maybe you have them on ignore and so didn't see the post. Snicker.

motion likes this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Laid off from local big box home improvement store. I didn't mind cause it sucked and was going to quit anyway.

motion likes this.
  19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That honda SL you got there was my very first motorcycle when i was about 13. Is it a 125?

rd400racer likes this.
  20. rd400racer

Yes sir, it's my very first motorcycle too. Got it in 1971. I was teaching one of my son's friends how to ride. He had her up to 4th gear cruising around the neighborhood before the day was done. Probably the 50th person that's learned to ride on that bike.